What's new

PJ64 1.5 Final and ATI Radeon~!!!!

frost

I wanted to address this issue to a lot of you people who own ATI Radeons out there. I tried the new PJ641.5, and found out that there is a slight problem with racing games like Ridge Racer 64 and F-zero 64....I won a ATI Radeon 7200
When you play the game, there is missing headlights. That is a graphics glitch that i noticed.
I do not know what other problem has developed out there....it would be nice for those of your people who owns radeons to address it, so hopefully if one day there is ever going to be another PJ64 update, the programers would know.

Frost.

Maximus

As far as I know ATI Radeon doesn't run Direct3D very well compare to nVidia even Radeon 9500 Pro because the technology is based on OpenGL and, well, DirectX 9, which hasn't been released yet. And sorry to say that Radeon 7200 doesn;t even good enough to compare with a GeForce 2 GTS w/64MB DDR.
Just some opinion...

OP
F

frost

Well i ain't askin for a opinion on which is the better graphics card. I am just trying to address the issue so those who also owns Radeons will know and can talk about it. Also for the programmers who makes the plugin's and emulator to know about this issue so they can solve it in the future. As far as i know, PJ64 1.4 never had this kind of graphics problem. Only PJ64 1.5.

Frost.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Radeon < 8xxx apparently not good enough.
not emu fault.
has already been discussed, please use search.