What's new

ATI Radeon 8500 graphic problems?

Kief Sutherland

Having some trouble with the ATI Radeon 8500. The graphics in some games are now much worse than they appeared when using my ATI Radeon DDR 32MB card. An example is zelda: With the 8500, there are many graphic errors in the intro (the dust behind the horse appears block-like, and there is a block formation around the moon). During the game, different 3D items appear the same, Block-like, and one dimensional? With my old Radeon DDR, the game looked next to perfect. If anyone has had this same problem, or has some solution to fix this, please help me out. Thanks. The link below is a picture of zelda with the blocklike formations, just so you know what I'm talking about.
"
zelda.gif

Oh yah, I couldn't login under kiefer today, seems my account has been removed? Keep watching 24, and I'll keep rockin! Thanks, "kief

N-Rage

u using latest beta-drivers? if not, then do so...

Kiefer Sutherland, ey? dont get enough groupies in real life i spose

Slougi

Smiff said:
Cool, buy a top end card and get graphics like a 10 dollar jobby :)
Yeah lol. Man Ati really needs to work on their drivers. I mean the card itself is amazing, but the drivers......

OP
Kief Sutherland

Kief Sutherland

Drivers

Yes, I do have the latest drivers. The thing is, my old Radeon card had the same problem, until I got an updated driver. So my guess is that the driver is the problem and until ATI offers a better one, my 8500 will remain in its box, unused. Thanks all for your input. Kief

Batmanx

Re: Drivers

Kief Sutherland said:
Yes, I do have the latest drivers. The thing is, my old Radeon card had the same problem, until I got an updated driver. So my guess is that the driver is the problem and until ATI offers a better one, my 8500 will remain in its box, unused. Thanks all for your input. Kief
Yes it's very sad because the card it's blazing fast and the tv out is clear enough. Hope that Ati will fix soon.....can't wait to Play zelda oot in hi-res antialias glory.......

OP
Kief Sutherland

Kief Sutherland

Thanks

Smiff, I have the utmost respect for you my friend. You are providing a great deal of help to all, and myself as a guest am very thankful.

Just keep watching 24..ok? =) thanks, kief

Batmanx

Ehi Kiefer I have to inform you that the beta drivers from Ati they do solve the blending problems with project 64...everything works near fine apart from little issues......go for it!!