What's new

Frontend

iq_132

Banned
Why would you need one?
PJ64 has an easy enough to use GUI as it is.
There's even an option to hide the advanced settings!!!

lucindrea

iq_132 said:
Why would you need one?
PJ64 has an easy enough to use GUI as it is.
There's even an option to hide the advanced settings!!!

bacause it's ALOT eaiser to have one front end when switching between mame , project64 , daphne , etc ,etc on a cabinet with a front end .. ( i found this thread while searching for command line options for a frount end heh )

jollyrancher

EPSXecutor rules!!! I don't even know how Pete created it considering that it goes way beyond command-line stuff. You can configure every game to run with the best game-specific plugins and settings. It would be sweet to have something like that in PJ64 so you don't have to switch between Jabo's/Azimer's/Glide64/Rice's, force normal blending, etc. Plus it's easy to forget that certain games work better with certain plugins (or settings) so then you have to figure out the best settings all over again.

PJ64 is great the way it is, but just like with ePSXe, it would be enhanced so much with a great frontend.

lucindrea

i have been able to get it to run inside of Dragon King , i had to creatre a bat file that calls pj64 so the front end just sees the batch file and doenst get confused with the emulator it's self ... now if esc acctully exited pj64 i would be good to go =]