What's new

Zeckensack's Radeon Glide wrapper?

Muskusrat

Can anyone tell me if the grafical plugin (Zeckensack's Radeon Glide wrapper) is any good? If possible could someone post some screenshots of games running with this grafical plugin. And is the speed for radeon cards that better then using a normal grafical plugin?

Stezo2k

S-2K
well it should perform very well, i mean look at the glide plugin with a voodoo card, it works very well :) so it should be just as fast, possibly faster

Stez

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
both of you misunderstood, Zeckensack's Radeon Glide wrapper is exactly what it sounds like..a glide wrapper for radeons. It is in the same catergory as evoodoo, not glide64. this means that it is not a gfx plugin, but rather meant to be used _with_ Glide64.

i actually havent tried it, since evoodoo has served me well enough :)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Except eVoodoo is a Glide2x/3x wrapper. The new Radeon wrapper is Glide2x only. This means UltraHLE/SupraHLE will work with it but Glide64 and Lewpy's 3Dfx GFX plugin (PSEmu Pro plugin) won't work.

The author isn't making a Glide3x wrapper because he's assumed all apps that are new enough to use Glide3x are capable of using DirectX or OpenGL too.

Inform him of his mistake!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
A buddy of mine with a Rad 8500 tried that out and had many various issues with it working on PJ64 or 1964.

He did however try it out with RE1 and 2 for the PC and said it worked great.

Not sure what the main issues were and I don't have a Rad myself (yet).

zorbid

The next release (and probably the last) will be compatible with nVidia cards. Then Zeckensack will stop working on it and he will release the source.

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=489

Speaking of glide wrappers, Fabio (now known as GoldFinger) has restarted to work on OpenGLide, with the help of Glidos. They think that they can easilly implement a glide3x wrapper based on the current glide2x code.