What's new

Project 64 wont work

Elly

Hi there,
I am Kingstar from the ngemu.com forums. I am not new to emulation, but i AM new to this forum ( which is quite similar to ngemu.com forums themselves) anyway,......I was trying to run Project 64 on my win xp , but this error keeps coming whenever i try to run it " CANNOT ALLOCATE MEMORY" . I usually run my N64 Roms on nemu64, but not all roms work on that, so i decided to go for Project 64. Any help is appreciated,...thanks! :)

PS: specs are:
Win xp home edition
Athlon Xp 1800+ 1.54 Ghz
256 RAM
Geforce II 100/200 MX 64 MB card
Projecr64 v1.5

Trotterwatch

This error has been reported several times, but as far as I know, no one has came up with a cast iron reason as to why it happens.

Try ensuring that no compatability modes are selected in the compatability modes section of XP (right click on the file... I'm sure you know that anyways).

RPGlover12

uninstall then reinstall who knows this method always work :) make sure u can test u installed dx 8.0 though
and also make sure ur not opening many applications coz it slow downs ur pc
hope any work :)

OP
Elly

Elly

thanks for the replies guys, and actually, i tried to unistall/reinstall Project64 twice but the same error keeps occuring. I have tried to change it compability mode to win ME/98 , but still,..........so i dunno exactly, is this bug only for this version of Project64 ( i mean v1.5) or does the same keeps happennig with other previous versions??

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
kingstar said:
Hi there,
I am Kingstar from the ngemu.com forums. I am not new to emulation, but i AM new to this forum ( which is quite similar to ngemu.com forums themselves) anyway,......I was trying to run Project 64 on my win xp , but this error keeps coming whenever i try to run it " CANNOT ALLOCATE MEMORY" . I usually run my N64 Roms on nemu64, but not all roms work on that, so i decided to go for Project 64. Any help is appreciated,...thanks! :)

Win xp home edition
Athlon Xp 1800+ 1.54 Ghz
256 RAM
Projecr64 v1.5

hm. who really gives a shit you're from ngemu? i've been there since july of 2001, but do you see me bragging?

(wait, was i just bragging? :blush: )

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
try to use "project 1964"
(ie pj64 plugins (not the sound one thou) with 1964)
or if u want to play anything other than banjo tooie
then use pj 1.4 with 1.5 plugins.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
RPGlover12 said:
uninstall then reinstall who knows this method always work :) make sure u can test u installed dx 8.0 though
and also make sure ur not opening many applications coz it slow downs ur pc
hope any work :)

Direct X 8 comes with windows xp anyways, and if u cant get Pj64 to work, try 1964 :)

Stez

OP
Elly

Elly

Re: Re: Project 64 wont work

cooliscool said:
kingstar said:
Hi there,

Win xp home edition
Athlon Xp 1800+ 1.54 Ghz
256 RAM
Projecr64 v1.5

hm. who really gives a shit you're from ngemu? i've been there since july of 2001, but do you see me bragging?

:sly: the only reason i said that is because people might treat me as a newbie or something, so to avoid that, i wrote that statment

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: Re: Re: Project 64 wont work

kingstar said:
cooliscool said:
kingstar said:
Hi there,

Win xp home edition
Athlon Xp 1800+ 1.54 Ghz
256 RAM
Projecr64 v1.5

:sly: the only reason i said that is because people might treat me as a newbie or something, so to avoid that, i wrote that statment

hehe, cool. I'm playing man, guess you could say i have a weird sense of humor. :)

OP
Elly

Elly

Okay,......none of your suggestion worked guys, ( thanks for that anyway), but on the other hand, I found out that Project64 is not compatible enough with my AMD Athlon Xp. This is how i thought about it. Nemu64 and Project 64 are both emulators for the same console. Thereby, there should be similarities in thier source code ( although both work different than the other).I have run nemu64 and enabled the option of displaying CPU errors, and guess what, i got an error displayed on my screen every 5-10 sec. The error s quite similar to the error i get in Project64, it ay the following: " cannot allocate memory at sector 800xxxxx" -where x stands for numbers- . If i am wrong, please someone correct me, otherwise, i hope the others may take a note of that.............

Kingstar

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
kingstar said:
Okay,......none of your suggestion worked guys, ( thanks for that anyway), but on the other hand, I found out that Project64 is not compatible enough with my AMD Athlon Xp. This is how i thought about it. Nemu64 and Project 64 are both emulators for the same console. Thereby, there should be similarities in thier source code ( although both work different than the other).I have run nemu64 and enabled the option of displaying CPU errors, and guess what, i got an error displayed on my screen every 5-10 sec. The error s quite similar to the error i get in Project64, it ay the following: " cannot allocate memory at sector 800xxxxx" -where x stands for numbers- . If i am wrong, please someone correct me, otherwise, i hope the others may take a note of that.............

Kingstar

Your CPU is not the problem. Probably bad rom(s)

LaterDude

kingstar said:
Okay,......none of your suggestion worked guys, ( thanks for that anyway), but on the other hand, I found out that Project64 is not compatible enough with my AMD Athlon Xp.

I don' t see how you can come to that conclusion since there are a few of us Athlon Xp users on these forums and as for me I have no problems running pj64.

Sorry I can't be more help. What roms are giving you these errors?

ShadowFX

Guardian
A processor is a processor :) Both AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 are capable enough to handle N64 emulation, each having its good and bad sides.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, but athlonXP is better for PJ64 though, cuz its optimised for amd proceccors, Intel Procecor users should use 1964

Stez

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Stezo2k said:
yeah, but athlonXP is better for PJ64 though, cuz its optimised for amd proceccors, Intel Procecor users should use 1964

Stez

who told you that? if it's optimised for anything in particular, it would be the P3, probably...

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
kingstar: You Tried The SP1 ?
& It Didnt Work :plain:

& serious Look at my Specs im having no probs with pj.