What's new

Is this even a real emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Spec

Or just another hoax? All this damn thing does is crash. When I try to load roms, switch plugins, touch the keyboard, configure the Adaptoid, pretty much anything involved with emulating N64 games this "emulator" crashes and then opens 20 GPF windows. I got lucky once and got a chance to see Mario's head spin around a few times, but as soon as I touched the keyboard guess what happened?

The compatibility list is a joke, Wipeout64 is just a black screen and Sin and Punishment crashes on arrival. Is there any way to get this thing to actually "work?" I've tried every suggestion on this board short of reformatting my HD and installing Windows 2000. I've tried clearing the registry (no thanks to the ingenious little "Click to Uninstall 1964" file which Windows is prompt to dismiss as utter bullshit), reinstalling the "emulator", updating drivers, switching plugins, nothing works. If this thing was designed only to run in Windows NT/2000 (if it even runs at all), why not just say so?

m0sT_hAt3d

Where have you been? 1964 is probaply the best emulator out here. Maybe you have an old version of 1964. You should use Jabo's 1.4 plugin and N-Rage's Input plugin.

schibo

Emulator Developer
You don't present yourself as someone who will have the patience for this, but I'll try anyway. Update your video card drivers and make sure DirectX 8.1 is installed. No joke... no "bullshit"... no crash. Just update the drivers. When all is happy after that, post a little message in this thread to tell us how it went. Yes, the registry file is not designed for 98, but here's one that is: http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=3744

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
There's a small minority who like to start their pleas for help by slagging off the product and people behind it.... how about we all just ignore these kind of posts, they're easy enough to spot... don't lock, just don't reply either :)

Eddy

I Run This
You ungrateful stupid ass wanna be fake newbie bumbitch. Please let that be the last time you ever say something as stupid as this in any emulator forum. How can you say things like that ? you know how much work it takes to be a emu programmer, maintainer, or any of that, you are below a newbie. You are just a little kid, why dont you go watch rugrats ?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ill tell u 'Sin and Punishment' works for 1964. In fact, it is the best for this game. pj64 is too slow, nemu is too ugly.

OP
A

A-Spec

"Maybe you have an old version of 1964. You should use Jabo's 1.4 and N-Rage's Input plugin."

I'm using the version that's available for download on this site (7.1 I believe) and Jabo's 1.4 plugin is only for beta testers, but if you want to send me a copy of it that's fine by me. N-Rage doesn't seem to like my Adaptoid.

"Update your video card drivers...blah blah blah..."

I covered that in the first post, all my drivers are up to date. So is DirectX.

"the registry file is not designed for 98, but here's one that is"

That's ok, I cleared the registry out manually...which was also covered in the first post.

Specs:
AMD Thunderbird 850
512Mb of PC133
GeForce2 PRO 32MB w/Detonator 23.11
FIC AZ11 Mainboard w/VIA 4-in-1 4.36
SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer w/Latest drivers from creative
Windows 98 SE w/Latest patches from Windows Update
DirectX 8.1

"ill tell u 'Sin and Punishment' works for 1964. In fact, it is the best for this game"

You're running Windows 2000/XP right?

"1964 is probably the best emulator!"

Uhh...yeah. Better than ePSXe, ZSNES, emulators that work, SNES9x, Magic Engine, Nebula, MAME, Kawaks, PJ64, emulators without bs compatibility lists, vGBA, BCA, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

Anyway, if anyone is currently running Windows98/ME and isn't having problems with crashing and everything else, please post your settings. I've seen many other people with the same problems, no solutions yet.

"why dont you go watch rugrats ? bumbitch...etc"

Bite it. :colgate:

Last edited:

Slougi

Anyway, if anyone is currently running Windows98/ME and isn't having problems with crashing and everything else, please post your settings. I've seen many other people with the same problems, no solutions yet.[/B]
I am running it on WinME with no problems. AND STOP FLAMING! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: In fact I think the first mod who happens to see this should ban you.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i dunno. i dont ban people cos i don't like em, but he's too aggressive. so im just going to watch this and see how it goes. BTW i can't help cos i neither use 1964 nor have winme.

OP
A

A-Spec

"I am running it on WinME with no problems"

What's your configuration/specs? WindowsME is a little wierder than 98 but I'd be willing to experiment with any new settings.

"STOP FLAMING...WWAAAAAH! :cry:"

There's only one flame in that previous reply and that was to Mr. "Bumbitch." Go tell him to stop flaming

Last edited:

Eddy

I Run This
son bite some nuts. And thats it lets stop, this is pointless, these emus are quite new to the scene, the others have been out a while ago.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok sorry A-spec you'll have to start a new thread with a different title and different phrasing, this isnt working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.