What's new

Emulators... which one!?

Vegitunks

:angry: I just can't seem to get any Emulators working very well with all the ROMs I download! Some of the Emulators give warnings, and have pop-ups about how I'm missing things, like certain files or certain video things (like Project 64). If I give my computer facts will someone suggest the best Emulator for me? Here:

I have a Dell Dimension 8100, Intel (R), Pentium (R) 4 CPU but 1400 MHz, 1.38 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, more than enoughs Gigs of HDD Space to spare, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400... computer spec changes special thanks to Acorn

Last edited:
OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

Okay, I'll collect that information in the next couple of hours, but first after 16 straight hours of work I'm going to take some well deserved sleep :sleepy:

Slougi

what video card do u have? it's one of the most important things for emus. currently nvidia cards are the best, but radeons should also work afaik.

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

oh yeah! I have a VooDoo2... now I have to go collect that info Harteex said would be usefull

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

When I use Nemu, which is the first Emulator that would actually open to play the games, I have some problems with the sound, video, et.. Daedlus too is having bad video and audio problems. Neither of those two give problems warnings they just give a bad picture and sometimes bad sound too. Now with Supra, I copied the GLIDE file in the evoodoo archive in the Supra archive and then when I runs Supra... I try and run the games that appear on the screen to select the CYCLE meter at the bottom of the window goes crazy with numbers and with some of the games that's all that will happen. With others a black screen flashes and then dissapears but only for a second. It just as quickly it reappears on the screen and an eVooDoo flash screen comes on for a few seconds and then it quits and goes back to the game select screen. The meters at the bottom of the window stop and sometimes the game select window automaticly exits right after all of that. And other times when I even just try to run Supra a warning with a title "supra.exe - Unable To Locate Component". The text in the warning says "This application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" even when GLIDE2x.dll is in the same exact archive!!! Well that is all the information I have at the moment, if there is anymore information needed please just ask.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I don't know about gfx and sound on Nemu or Daedalus. Could be anything with Win XP. Have you looked in the settings?
You said you have a voodoo gfx card. You shouldn't need a glide wrapper then. That's weird. But once again maybe there is a problem with Win XP.

You can also try the following emu's: 1964, Apollo, Blade64, Corn and Tr64.
Remember to read the readme files.

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

I d/l 1964 recently, but since you suggested those other Emu's I'll check those out too.

Acorn

Well, correct me if I'm wrong on this but I think the Voodoo 2 has no D3D drivers? Its only a secondary card, made to display graphics using glide? If so, then UltraHLE should work perfectly for you with no problems, but any other emu would have to use the acceleration on your vga card (if any) which might not work.. I've never seen a Voodoo 2, only Voodoo 3 however :/

Also, you said you were having problems with SupraHLE, because of it not finding the Glide2x.dll, did you really mean in the same "archive" or did you mean in the same directory? Because if the files are archived and you run the .exe file, it will simply be extracted to a temp folder to run, and the temp folder won't have the glide2x.dll ;)

Anyway, not much "help" here but hopefully something.

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

..... ahhhhh! That is so completely obvious now! I'm so stupid!!! I should have known that!!! has it really been that long since I read the manual for my comp!?!?! ~_~ Okay... I'll go try Ultra.... wait... where can I get Ultra? :plain:

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

okay... I got it... but I have a quick question for anyone. What are Plugins... what are they for... and what are INI's?

Vegitunks

:stupid:

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

I downloaded Ultra64 but when I opened the archive they were all read only files! There isn't a running program X.x oh what do I do now?

Acorn

Did you get Ultra64 or UltraHLE? They are diff : /

If you got UHLE, there should be a ultra.exe to run, just remember to extract all the files to a dir with no spaces.

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

I d/l Ultra64 and I'm positive of it only thing is none of the ROMs are running... help... :cry: it gives me an error message after I try and Run the ROM: 'Unhandled opcode 0xA02FA8C.
Emulation stoped at: 0x80009508
Count: FFFFFFFF
" AUGH!:angry: Does my Computer just hate Emulators or do the Emulators hate my computer!?!? Well... if I just keep feeding information hopefully someone will fix it...???

Last edited:

Acorn

Thats why =) Ultra64 is an old emu, that has been is dev since way before UltraHLE. However.... it doesn;t do much of anything yet. Get UltraHLE, its the one thats good for voodoo cards =)