What's new

"-----" could not be found... (mozilla)

gogododo_313

The one and only
I know this problem prolly won't be solved as it's one of those little problems that never seem to find a solution, but here goes anyways...

I use mozilla (not sure if ie has this same problem as i havn't encountered it so not sure if it's a mozilla problem or computer problem) and while clicking on some sites I get this little box that comes up that says "whateversite.com can not be found, please check the name and try again" or something along those lines. I know it's not because of how I'm typing in the url because it's when I'm clicking on links also. For instance I'll go into yahoo and click "email" and then it pauses for a few seconds then that box comes up. Or it even happens at times of refreshing a page, it won't find it but later on it will connect again. If i check back over and over it does the same thing. Other sites will work so I know I'm still connected, but if I check back again I can get into the site sometimes. It seems random and happens to many sites lately. IGN.com, yahoo.com, google.com, emutalk.net and anything really.

It's been going on for about a week and the only thing I can think of is I tried installing zonealarm about a week ago. I installed it using the EXACT same exe that I used to install the version I had when I had win98 and it worked perfectly. Now i'm using winXP and after installing it nothing worked, it would bring up the prompt to allow a program to access the internet and I'd click yes but it wouldn't connect, so I uninstalled it. I tried installing it again last night and I had the same problem so I uninstalled again.
Anyways, any suggestions onto what's happening? It happens many times daily, I get the message while clicking a link but all other sites work but one or two links, but if I search around the internet a bit and a few minutes to an hour or so later I can get it. It's pretty annoying.

sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain it in everybit of detail I could.

athlonXP 1800+
msi K7T266 pro2
512mb 2100ddr
geforce2mx 400
maxtor 40gig hd
static DSL

OP
gogododo_313

gogododo_313

The one and only
I just got one, what a coincidence.... not! I get them all the time. Here's what this one says...

ALERT
The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.playerauctions.com.

I forgot to mention I get that message also. Any ideas on what this may be caused by?