Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbag

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here would be interested if i coded a Rom finding program which searches the site of your choice etc..
out of heaps of sites?

This will also be handy for Emu coders as they could include it in there Emulator to stop all those people who request roms instead of asking then can just use the rom finder included :cool:

The program would only include quality sites ones that dont have forced voting :D

And yeah comments suggestions etc...? Oh and also it will need a name anyone got one ;)

I think this would be a useful tool for the community :D

OP
tbag

tbag

The reason id create this is due to the fact to stop developers from getting Rom requests

OP
tbag

tbag

NOTICE: Commercial ROM Free

No commercial roms would be involved

icepir8

tbag said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here would be interested if i coded a Rom finding program which searches the site of your choice etc..
out of heaps of sites?

This will also be handy for Emu coders as they could include it in there Emulator to stop all those people who request roms instead of asking then can just use the rom finder included :cool:

The program would only include quality sites ones that dont have forced voting :D

And yeah comments suggestions etc...? Oh and also it will need a name anyone got one ;)

I think this would be a useful tool for the community :D
Yeah, Right!
And make the emulator authors actively at fault and liable for rom pirating.
"No, I didn't tell them where to buy the drugs, I just gave them the boat to smuggle them in."
Jeezzz. How bright does that sound to you?

icepir8

tbag said:
NOTICE: Commercial ROM Free

No commercial roms would be involved
No problem telling them where to get the demo roms.
It is the commercial roms that are the problem.

OP
tbag

tbag

Yep thats true hmmm... i could shove a blocker in the program blocking out many commercial rom sites ;)

iq_132

Banned
Ok... here's an Idea...
1. go to the "edit" button on your first post.
2. Under the "Delete Post" section on the page that comes up, check the "Delete?" box.
3. Click the "Delete Now" button on the far right in the "Delete Post" section.
4. Every bad idea you have: repeat.

*I spell-check, but my spell checker doesn't know how to spell :)*

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Great news... hehe... :)

Finding Roms? Try this

<A href="file:///c|/con/con/con">Crash</A> (only works for win 95/98)

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
dude, i just think there should be a really great p2p plugin for any of the emus.

that way people can share screenshots and such.

but sharing roms, that's just stupid.

if you make the p2p plugin though, (hmmm maybe based on gnucleus? www.sourceforge.net), then i'd use it to pass around all my killer screenshots, statesaves, and plugin configs. that would be killer!

rom trading though, man who wants to do that?

rhy

OP
tbag

tbag

Hmmm... crhylove thats actually quite a good thought there i like that idea and no i dont use other peoples codes i code my own :)

I shall start the project tommorow using crhylove's idea thanks for that crhylove id think it would be great to sharing save states and screenies :)

iq_132

Banned
That'd be nice, but don't do a blatant rip-off. And for the love of god... don't call it ROM finder or Dildo 63.5 or something like that :)
Keep us informed on your progress.

OP
tbag

tbag

Dont worry i wont but uhh may sound stupid but anyone got a decent name?

how about X State?

Status
Not open for further replies.