What's new

What do the files mean!?!?

Vegitunks

I know we are not supposed to ask for sites with ROMs and other stuff about ROMs but can I ask questions about the ROM itself? Well if not the least that could happen is I'd have this thread locked right? Okay well I was on a certain site downloading the obvious and noticed that there were many different files for the same game! What's with that? Can someone tell me what they mean? Here I'll list all the ones they had for 1080 Snowboarding and hopefully I don't have to specify the system it is on for you... 1080 had the most files so I'll list 'em in order found, here I go:

• 1080 Snowboarding (E) [!].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (E) [f1].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (E) [f2] (NTSC-Boot).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (E) [f3] (NTSC).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (E) [h1].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [!].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b1].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b2].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b3].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b4].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b5].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b6].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [b7].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [f1] (DS-1).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [f2] (PAL).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [f3] (PAL-Boot).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [f4] (PAL-Z64).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [f5] (Crazy Nation).zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [h1].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [h2].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [h3].zip
  • 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [h4].zip

Woo! Thank God for copy and paste:D!!! Well, I really hope someone can and will answer my question, and thanks in advance for those of you who are to reply!

P.S. If it matters what Emulators I have... there's, Nemu 64, Supra HLE... even though I'm waiting for a reply from one of my other threads to see if anyone can help me make it work, and Daedalus. I have a Dell Dimension 8100, Intel (R), Pentium (R) 4 CPU but 1400 MHz, 1.38 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, and Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002. Thanks again ^_^

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
well from what i've seen the roms marked with a [!] are good roms or good dumps. the other ones could be patched roms, or hacked roms... NTSC and PAL are just what type of console the games were designed to run on (get NTSC ones)

thats all i know ??? if flow`` knows all about this, if he decides to say anything ;)

:pj64:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OK, the two with ! are the verified good (redumps), f = fixed = copy protection removed for backup units, h = hacked = messed about with in some other way, b = bad = corrupt. The numbers following are just the order the ROMs are discovered in and added. brackets is a desciption or the group that released it.

OP
Vegitunks

Vegitunks

hey buddy, check the first post on this thread. If you could read well enough you could see the first two sentences. That was one of my first posts cut me some slack. Anyways, it's not an active hyperlink. :p

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
sorry if i sounded harsh :blush:, i dont want any one banned.
i actually meant for them to edit the site out for u. sorry about that.

please edit out the site name.

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i feel like a nag, but take the part before the net as well.

thx

oh, lets try not to involve mods, ill take down my post. sorry bout that.

Last edited: