What's new

Emulation is partially dead

Do you think emulation may die off in a few years?

• Yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

tbag

Ive been noticing that most Emu coders are dropping off like flies im just worried that it might die off in a few more years and if it does who's gonna revive it?

and one question for all you EX. Emu Coders where the hell are you all going all of you say because of study or bored of the project but.. the truth is that your all going to work on a every console emulator system right???

Anyhow i want to hear other peoples thoughts etc..
post away!

iq_132

Banned
I voted no.
PS2, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and X-box emulation are just starting to get interesting. Emulation in one way or another will never die.

*600th post w00t!!!*

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Hell no it isn't. Look at Azimer, Faubien, Jabo, Schibo, Rice, and many many more people still alive. By no means is it dead (or even close to it).

OP
tbag

tbag

It is in a way many emulators are dead and idiots just take there code and give it some new name and claim it as theres

But yes it is still very alive in the oldish to new systems but old systems like Atari & Spectrums etc.. seem to be dieing off

Rocketman_mab

There's only so much you can do with the older systems before emulating them becomes... well, old. The newer systems come out and it's a new challenge for the programmers. You can only do so much with the older systems before you move on to something else. I don't know this for fact, but I would assume that most people that get into programming don't want to do Atari emulation. They want to work with the more recent and better stuff.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i prefer snes9x myself, but anyways: emulation is not dead yet, though most of the consoles are already emulated very well, that we consider them Almost perfect (zsnes, Visual boy advance, Pj64, Nester, No$GBC, Epsxe, VGS, Gens, 1964, need i say more?)

Once DC & Ps2 are emulated, i doubt that u'll see much more emulation, unless its a port of a Emu for a console. Newer consoles are gunna be almost impossible to emulate (such as GC)

Stez

OP
tbag

tbag

Yep thats true i reckon the furthest emulation of a console will be a PS2 & Dreamcast and X-Box. GameCube would be a bit different to emulate due to the fact you cant get roms yet or any demos or any BIOS etc..

And look at Icarus it runs a 3d commercial DC game just a bit screwed up (http://icarus.boob.co.uk)
and as for a PS2 Emulator i dont know any that can run a commercial game even if its bugged up...
And for X-Box We have CXBX (http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/news.htm) Which converts X-Box roms into Win32 Executable files (.exe)

RPGlover12

Emulation will never die never ever ever if it dies then there wont be any more boards or emulators bout next gen consoles oh well hope it doesn't anyway :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
duno, havent tried it, but i was just using that as an example cuz it plays every GBC game ive tried with it

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
eww... no$gbc is complete shit. it's big and klunky, it isn't free, and its outdated. get bgb. :)

kinda reminds me of Marat Fazullin.. eww..

Last edited:
OP
tbag

tbag

no$gbc? i hate all no$ items due to the fact they only run demos i stick with Visual Boy Advance as i dont want to pay $5000 or something for a good version of no$shit

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
tbag said:
no$gbc? i hate all no$ items due to the fact they only run demos i stick with Visual Boy Advance as i dont want to pay $5000 or something for a good version of no$shit

it makes you wonder why they call it no$ at all! :happy:

RPGlover12

cooliscool said:
tbag said:

it makes you wonder why they call it no$ at all! :happy:
lol good point
there are also many programs thats name is free(anyshithere) and its shareware i hate that shit though :) they should've made it Shareware(anyshithere)

OP
tbag

tbag

no$ why are his programs called this because after you pay for the full version you have no$ ;)

NOTE: Why does everything i post go off topic? this was about emulation dieing but now its about no$ ??:satisfied

Last edited: