What's new

Zelda 64 and Shadow/Spirit Temple

Sheik

=(o_0)=
I've always been wondering about this: Zelda is a cool game, right? And has a supergood story too, but... when I've cleared the forest, fire and water temple in the order suggested by navi she sais: "Lets find someone who knows about the other sages" or something like that. That would be Sheik. He (or she) is in Kakariko trying to deal with the Bongo Bongo who is sealed in the well. After the cutscene u have learned Nocturne of Shadow.
U go to the past, get the lens of truth and so on, but when u go big again, navi sais "Have you ever played the Nucturne of Shadow that Sheik teached you?" BUT... in the sub-screen, the circle who shows u which medallions u have, it is in this order: Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit and Shadow!!!!!! So is it in the Ocarina playlist!!!! Why then do navi suggests u to do the temples in shadow, spirit order when the sub-screen tells u to do spirit, shadow????????????

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is it just me being picky, or did nintendo fuck up here?

PS: This is the longest post i've ever posted :!!!:

blizz

it's meant to freak the collect-all freaks out since they then think

"holy shit I missed something!"

blizz

alternatively it could be because they changed the direction of the game midway through development, ie removed the triforce ;)

OP
Sheik

Sheik

=(o_0)=
Could be, still pisses me off though, but i guess i'm a.....

FREAK!!!!!!!! :plain2: :thumbsup:

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I never follow Navi's orders...
I just do what I want, in the order I want [for example, I always finish first the Spirit temple before the Shadow temple, or I go to Goron Town before I learn Saria's Song (it's easier that way)]

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
it's not easier that way because you have to go ALL the way back to saria to learn the song then go ALL the way back to Goron Village to play it. unless you blow up the boulders and remember how to get back to Goron Village through the Lost Woods then it SUCKS to do it out of order.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oh and one thing they should have done with Zelda is have an "expert" mode where you can turn Navi help off in the begining because all she really does is annoy someone who already knows how to pick up a rock and already knows about the walls and the spider webs and all that crap

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Triforce, what I do is going from Hyrule castle (after I learn Zelda's Llubaby) to Goron Town. There, I light up ALL the torches in Goron Town, even the ones in the upper floors. Then I get to the Bomb flowers and light them up too, so I can go to the lost woods from there directly, and I won't have to cross Hyrule twice just for getting that song.

iq_132

Banned
I think developers have changed storylines in the middle of a lot of games. Just most of the time, all of the little details are worked out... but now that games are getting more elaborate and more massive, it's harder to work out all of the bugs and to work out all of the tiny detals that come with a game.