What's new

Anyone thought about making a netplay plugin for pj64? if possible anyway

Lex

it would be nice if every emulator uses a netplay plugin just like input and graphics but i don't think is it possible cos it is just the input that has to be sent thru

iq_132

Banned
I think a way to do it would be to have to be set up as an audio or video wrapper (to Sync the games) then also as an input plugin. (I think this would work) You'd probably have to use the same video/audio plugin, game version, and etc.

masterogamez

Well I do not know much about Netplay plugins (only how to use them : )
I have already played with a Super Nintendo (Snes9x) which features netplay and always had problems with sync (woudn't exprect it to be anyway different on an n64 emu) but, if possible, here is an idea about a beginning, at least a little idea. would work only locally (one PC renders grafx and sound, the other only supplies a second controller (keyboard) and sends keystrokes over the lan)
writing an PJ64 (or compatible) server input plugin, which takes let's say controller 1 locally and 2 3 and 4 (if clients login) from network, else locally too or does then only feature one controller. the client would simply be a keylogger, wouldn't even need the rom or a fast grafx card. would be a way of getting you 133MHz pc for some n64 use - controller 2...

Tell me, would this be possible for writing? Don't know much about plugin specifications and network, but for a lan this would be possible and a first step to network play.
later on you can think of the client to feature grafx and sound (perhaps every minute or so the full n64 RAM from the server is sent to the client to ensure sync, would hang the game shortly but this is beta-stage *g*)

so far this idea. what do you think?

Elly

the problem with the netplay plugin is the variable connections players get with each other and the difference between their computer specs...........

tbag

Hmm.. everytime i try to play my bro in 1964 we both get dropped from the game so i dont have a bloody clue whats with Kaillera