What's new

Destruction Derby64 and Carmageddon64 and South Park

demonmind

Ok I have checked that they are all supported and are good roms ([!])

PROBLEMS:

Destruction Derby 64 just crashes everytime I run the rom. No exceptions. No Other PJ64 Errors. Just get msg box " blah blah ... windows is shutting down the program." ??? No informative error msgs. Just "ok this is screwed so I'm shutting down".

Carmageddon 64 and South Park nothing happens when I load rom. Just black screen. Though I did notice the frame counter on the bottom right going from 50s (average for most games i run) to 40s then 30s then 20s then 10s and end up at 4 frames per second... weird.

Any suggestions?

I also read that audio sync might change something so i'll try that later today but any other help will be greatly appreciated.

Acorn

I doubt that using sync audio will help the games boot - sync audio is mostly for preventing audio skips, or for when your audio isn;t playing whne it should. It might help turning it off though, heard smiff mention something like that once but never actually met any changed in games with it on or off =)

I have DD (U)(!) also, it runs fine in 1964 and PJ64, even displays cars like the 1964 INI says it won't.

Car does the same thing for me as it does for you - VI's drop to 0, sometime emu crashes. I don't have SP to test yet, will get that later today.

I don't remember if smiff's faq said anything about this, so its worth checking as always.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
carmageddon only works in 1.4b2 (i mean that literally, it doesnt work in current build :p)

Dime333

Actually, when using Jabo's sound plugin. South Park only works when disabeling audio sync. I found that it's the same with "ECW Hardcore Revolution (U) [!]" , "WWF - War Zone (U) [!]" , "Shadow Man (U) [!] and a few others. This is strange, maby the authors should check this out.

Acorn

Pretty standard I think, Jabo's with Tbuff on, External, everything else default. Audio with sync on or off, runs both ways. NRages imput. Nothing out of the ordinary : / I don't know why the same rom runs for me, but crashes for you.