What's new

Whta´s the best video card for N64 emulation?

DoUrden_ViaSiht

Hello, i´m goin to buy a video card, and i would know, what´s the best for N64 emulation.

I like an Nvidia but, what kind?

Geforce 4?

whát´s better, Geforce 4 mx or Geforce 3 ti?

what about Geforce 4 ti 4200??

sorry for my english, i´m spanish ;)

thank´s and bye

Trotterwatch

Out of the cards you have listed:

If you have a lot of money to spen, then the GF4 Ti4200 is excellent value, and will work perfectly with N64 emulation, as well as all games in general.

If you have slightly less money, then get a GF3 Ti200

Not sure how much the GF4 MX costs, but in a lot of cases it is on a level with the GF3 Ti200 (dependent on what version you buy) however you don't get the DirectX8 features that the GF3 has.

OP
D

DoUrden_ViaSiht

I ask about the N64 emulation, because i´m afraid that if i buy a great video card like Geforce 4 ti 4200 the emulators (pj64 or 1964) won´t work propertly, because the video card is newest or have to much memory ( have 128 Mb DDR) or......

Do you understand me?

the greats video card cost a lot of money and i would like be sure that have full compatibility with the N64 emulators ;)

bye

iq_132

Banned
Well... if you have a slow computer, I'd suggest a Voodoo. Ultrahle is just grand if you have a slow comp. and a voodoo :)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
get either GF4 ti4200 or ATI radeon 9000 both are excellent value, if you have the budget go for the GF4ti4200 or if you only want to spend around $80 go for the radeon.

crhylove

Banned
geforce 3 ti 200

if you have $80 get the geforce 3 ti 200. it is amazing. i get as good a shot as any of the geforce 4 owners in most games:

www.pricewatch.com for the best prices.

here's a closeup of jet force gemini:

Trotterwatch

I have the GF3 Ti200, and it does indeed kick ass for N64 Emulation, and games in general really.

I played Jet Force Gemini on PJ64 at 1280x780 with maximum anistropy and 4x FSAA and it ran sooooo sweet still!

bodie

hiya blaze .. hows the emu coming along . i have set away time for a street party for it's release :)

OP
D

DoUrden_ViaSiht

Thanks all the people :)

Hi bodie i see that you have a geforce 4 ti 4400, how it´s runs with the N64 emulator(pj64 or 1964)?

is an original Nvidia card or is a Asus, aopen, winfax.... card?

bye

crhylove

Banned
lol... it kicks total ass!! as all the geforce ti's do. just get the cheapest ti, if all you're worried about is n64 emulation and price. if you also wanna get the highest frames in tenebrae, get the 9700, or a geforce 4 ti.

good luck!

rhy

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
DoUrden_ViaSiht said:
I ask about the N64 emulation, because i´m afraid that if i buy a great video card like Geforce 4 ti 4200 the emulators (pj64 or 1964) won´t work propertly, because the video card is newest or have to much memory ( have 128 Mb DDR) or......
The GF4`s are backwards compatible, so you won`t have any compatibility issues with N64 emulators.

RPGlover12

Dude i have a tnt2 m64 32 megs and i can run all my n64 roms full speed :) well except for some ;) but dont buy it hehehe ;) go for a gf3 or gf4

conkerman

conkerman
bodie said:
hiya blaze .. hows the emu coming along . i have set away time for a street party for it's release :)

yea, me too

sorry to be off-topic, but a good graphics card would do well with his emulator. it's l33t :)

and i have a gf2 and it has turned to crap, i gotta upgrade soon, people might wanna wait until agp 8x, maybe not, i dunno
conkerman

OP
D

DoUrden_ViaSiht

I saw that nvivia has created a new model of geforce 4 ti 4200 with agp x8

i think that i´ll wait to buy it with an agp x8 mainboard

what do you think?

thanks