What's new

Satourne WIP

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
I don't know I you got it but anyway : Fabien Autrel (Satourne(s author) has been working on a dynamic recompiler for some weeks. Last week-end, he has obtained the first concrete results : The date configuration window of the bios now runs at about 35-45 FPS on his system (Athlon 1700+) with top speed at 60 FPS

IS101

I have a request please for the author of Satourne, Fabien Autrel, could he try to set up a very basic front end as the config for satourne is just too complicated at present, especially selecting country, which game etc.
I cannot get a game to be recognised in Satourne, although the bios screen appears ok.
Anyone got any tips/help?

Thanx for all the hard work on Satourne so far, by the way :)

2fast4u

IS101 said:
I have a request please for the author of Satourne, Fabien Autrel, could he try to set up a very basic front end as the config for satourne is just too complicated at present, especially selecting country, which game etc.
I cannot get a game to be recognised in Satourne, although the bios screen appears ok.

hm .. i doubt fabien reads this and besides satourne isnt really complicated to use. most of the features are for debugging so u wont use em anyway. ;) if u cant get the game running it very likely isnt supported.

IS101

2fast4u said:
IS101 said:

hm .. i doubt fabien reads this and besides satourne isnt really complicated to use. most of the features are for debugging so u wont use em anyway. ;) if u cant get the game running it very likely isnt supported.

He might not read it directly but a nice simple GUI for Satourne would be a huge benefit, i am sure someone could pass along this feature/request to him.

BTW, The specific game i cannot get to work is radiant silvergun, can anyone who has this working on Satourne tell me what settings/config they used, please?

Flash

Technomage
I wish to see at least 15 fps on my 550MHz first, no matter with GUI or command line. And debugger is very nice thing.

Silvergun shows title screen and insert coin, but doesn't start.

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
Buggered if I know, Gens must have been written by a french guy too (I'm assuming)

Gens rocks, but lets not open that can of worms in a saturn forum.

OP
madfredtk

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
I wish to see at least 15 fps on my 550MHz first, no matter with GUI or command line. And debugger is very nice thing.

Ben-J, Fabien's friend and the webmaster of consollection has said that he has managed to get 33-50 FPS on his computer (p3 450Mhz). BUT... He slows down the master SH2 clock to 14 Mhz. Anyway, that's a great result.

dual processor architectures take a while to reverse engineer... imagine how long its gonna take people to get round the ps2

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
by Ki_Amaru

God bless that Fabien, he is single-handedly changing my opinion of the frogs.

Hey you leave da frogs alone, they show fist of the north star at 10:00am on normal telly.:D

OP
madfredtk

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
New version of Satourne released !!!! But don't expect too much from it : it only runs the bios, no games. It only runs the bios but at 30 FPS ! Oh, so good

BTW, what's you opinion of the frogs ? I'm curious

Last edited:

2fast4u

madfredtk said:
New version of Satourne released !!!! But don't expect too much from it : it only runs the bios, no games. It only runs the bios but at 30 FPS ! Oh, so good

this release is pretty damn nice considering speed :) its running the bios averaging about 40(!!) frames on my comp (athlon xp 1800+, gf2mx, 256 mb) :D dudes, this is gonna be great .. just be patient

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
Nah,

I've got no bad opinion about the frogs...I just said it for comedy reasons

Although I am curious as to the "no bathing" policy.

Gentlemen, Satourne is lookin pretty fricken sweet.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
It doesn't run for me!!!

I got the last satourne going without probs but this version keeps telling me

something about the bios trouve??? I have the same bios as last time???

2fast4u

Grant64 said:
It doesn't run for me!!!

I got the last satourne going without probs but this version keeps telling me

something about the bios trouve??? I have the same bios as last time???

right filename (saturn_bios.bin) and folder (bios)?

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
Hmm its doing the same for me, also am i suppose to use the fake files that comes with it or use an original bios?