What's new

Layering Problem?

PainoMan

I R, R U?
Heya Folks,

I went back through the first 10 pages of this board and I didn't find anything that might help me, so here goes.

I have noticed what I would call a layering problem (that may or may be what it really is) not in two games. In Earthworm Jim 3D, you can see the energy balls even if they are inside a box or behind a wall, and in Duke Nukem 64, some enemies are visible even though they are supposed to behind a wall.

Like I said, I went back 10 pages and I didn't see any posts about this, so I don't know if this is a known issue or not. I really just want a sanity check, so if this known problem, and can't be helped, that's cool.

I'm running PJ64 1.5 with Jabo's latest plugins (now that I think about it, I can't remember if I tried 1.4 or not) on a Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook. Specs:

WinXP Pro
P4 1.6 Mobile
512 RAM
nVidia GeForce 4 Go 64

Tanx!

Last edited:
OP
PainoMan

PainoMan

I R, R U?
Here are some screenshots to show what I mean. The Duke shot is a little hard to see, and interestingly, if I move closer to the enemy, he disappears. This does not happen with Earthworm Jim. The balls stay visible no matter where Jim is.

milen

For Duke Nukem use Glide64 0.253, with Evoodoo for best graphics in this game. I have voodoo3 so I don't know if the game have any problems with Evoodoo but you must try to know.

OP
PainoMan

PainoMan

I R, R U?
Thanks milen. I did try Glide64 with Evoodo, but since I run this stuff on a notebook, this setup doesn't work well with my fixed-resolution LCD screen. I really wish it did too, because the Glide64/Evoodoo setup looks sweet as hell!!