What's new

zelda colors are wrong

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
question for Jabo, or other people knowledgable in the graphics area.

When I play zelda orcarina of time, zelda is white and several other things are white. Some of the other things include epona, the three stones, the medalions, and some tunnels. I am wondering if this is a common issue or if it is my video card? I have the newest drivers. my system specs are

pentium3 450
128 megs sdram
ati rage pro turbo 8mb
yamaha sound card

im using 1964 newest version
jabos direct3d 1.3
alzimers old driver
nrage input

directx8.1

I have played with the plugin options quite a bit. The rcp mode gives me correct colors but the game is like 2frames per minute. when i turned the external transforms on it seemed to help. Any other helpful advice.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Little Dogus 1, A NOTICE!!

Link and most Kokiris' clothes and some other objects being white instead of green is a problem with your video card.
Reportedly, the ATI Rages are bad video cards for PJ64 and Jabo's
gfx. Reportedly, any ATI video card other than a Radeon are bad in PJ64, which means Jabo's gfx.

The Link's and other Kokiris' clothes are a known issue with Voodoo 3 video cards.

This is a known issue identified by me, not Smiff's PJ64 known issues.

The only solution is to at least get a TNT video card (by Nvidia).

A Geforce 2 MX 200 at least is recommended. (Nvidia)

And one more thing...

How the **** can you enjoy PJ64 with only a 450 mhz processor!! With such a low mhz processor, even Super Mario 64 will run slowly. Even with audio disabled, it still will be sllowww!! I was using a 450 mhz CPU and PJ64 was always very jerky with
most games!! With your configuration, if you just mostly play Super Mario 64 and Wave Race it is recommended you use Corn.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: whaaat

little_dogus1 said:
Can you give me more than ati is crap?
Hehehe...
Well, ATI was discontinued for a long while ago. And therefore, it does not work very well with Pj.
A good and cheap card, which works good with Pj, is the GeForce-cards. You can get a GeForce2 at a fairly good price.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
its not that ati is crap, but ur gfx card is very old (hopefully 32mb or more). either ati or nvidia is a good choice right now

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
note to rja

450 mhz is fine on my computer at school. At home I have a 1.7ghz geforce3 powered computer, and although the school computer is very slow on windowed mode. If you turn it to full screen, set the interpreter to external then it runs fine

HostLink

I have an idea, why don't u take your CPU to school to play without problems? hehe, just kidding

But yes I have the same problem with my video card and also I have to way to emulate the fog and this is very ugly too, so I use UHLE with the eVoodoo wrapper which runs the game without the minimum mistake in what graphics refers. You should try that uhle with that wrapper, also GlIdeal works fine but evoodoo is newer. Very fast all the time and that kicks PJ64 ass, too bad the sound is choppy.

Last edited: