What's new

Spot the emutalk guys ;)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
right, and how long was I connected for? Yea, thats right 3 and a half mins, gimme a break :p

{Edit}
Also I have the highest PING! sukka ;)
{/Edit}

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The game we played afterwards owned :D 79 points for moi, 77 for Malcolm, and 9-7 score for the ET team :D w00t :D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
W00t :D

Shot00008.jpg

Stezo2k

S-2K
whoa cool, i'd love to battle ppl i want on UT heh, wow sytayor what a gr8 ping, no wonder u won the match ;)

Stez

crhylove

Banned
through the irc room... i was there, but my crap 56k ping in THE US would've made me way too frustrated.... this game does fully rock though....

rhy

crhylove

Banned
ps, was it actually playable at those pings? if it played well with those pings, then the new ut has more under the hood than i thought.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
well, my avg ping was 300 and I was in the top 3 for the whole 2nd game, I can stand pings as high as 400, but after that its just too bad to play. Just remember that once you're 200+ sniping isn't a good idea ;)

OP
sytaylor
i was averaging 30 to 40 pings... but for adsl i do get excellent pings, its like playing against really hard un-predicatable bots :D heh, i had to go in the game after, but rest assured i'd have scored well in it ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Malcolm said:
well, my avg ping was 300 and I was in the top 3 for the whole 2nd game, I can stand pings as high as 400, but after that its just too bad to play. Just remember that once you're 200+ sniping isn't a good idea ;)

yea thats true, u 56k aswell? Ut2003 dont work that well online for me, even if i get a decent ping (around 200) , the dc version of UT1 works ultra gr8 online when i get a 300milsecond ping ;)
Stez

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
no, im on DSL but sytaylor was hosting the game on his comp, and hes somewhere in the UK and im in Canada, lots of distance there :p

RPGlover12

i dont think its distance malcolm ;) its mostly his connection prob ;) since i play against a friend from uk and i get 186 ping though ;) so its mostly his connection ;)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
heh.. i got te demo and it's so damn cool.. the 3d engine is blazing fast to run on a slow system like mine.
:) I'll be on irc to see if you guys want to play later. :D

RPG - It is partly distance because of how long it'll take from your input data to get to that person,
but fast connections help to lower this problem. :)

Last edited:

RPGlover12

they are already playin the game but i couldn't find the server though :) so i couldn't play it ;) maybe i will ohter time ;)
and the demo owns am dyin for the full version

Stezo2k

S-2K
cooliscool said:
heh.. i got te demo and it's so damn cool.. the 3d engine is blazing fast to run on a slow system like mine.

lucky u ;) heh the game seems to be slow for about a min and then goes kinda smooth which is cool ne idea how to get rid of this slowness @ the start?

Stez

OP
sytaylor
Malcolm said:
no, im on DSL but sytaylor was hosting the game on his comp, and hes somewhere in the UK and im in Canada, lots of distance there :p

scary thing is i wasn't hosting i actually found a random empty server and idled in there until some peeps turned up