What's new

Another graphuc card problem error thingy

Faerin

Blank is my name
I am getting that stupid error with the graphics and I know you have ALL been asked this many times but how do I fix it? Can u give me a link to that post with the magical solution? I was using 1.5, tried it with different plug-ins and also tried 1.4. It didnt work, is there any other way??? Once again, I am sorry for another of these stupid things but I cant find a thread with the answer...

OP
Faerin

Faerin

Blank is my name
Bah, forgot, my specs:
Pentium 3 or 4, cant remember, 1.0 ghz
128 mg. PCI memory
Nividia Geoforce 2 MX 32 mg. (Is it too old?)
SB Live! soundcard (does that even matter?)

OP
Faerin

Faerin

Blank is my name
Oh yes, its the same error the "Direct 3D failed to intialize your HAL device thingy Get more plugins u dolt!"
I downloaded like very single little video plugin for PJ but the few that worked ran slow as dirt! There is no substituting the goold ol' Jabo plugins...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
er i don't think v1.5 tells you to get more plugins.. have you read Troubleshooting > error messages > video initialisation in User Manual? that's about all i can suggest.

iq_132

Banned
You should probably do that before you post a question on this forum about any PJ related problems.
Just for future reference...

OP
Faerin

Faerin

Blank is my name
Thank you all! I fixed it! The key is to un-install AND remove registry keys! Once again, Thank you!

RJA

The PC Wiz
Faerin,

processors:

If your processor is 1.0 ghz, it's a Pentium III or
Pentium III based Celeron.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Faerin,

RJA said:
processors:

Doh!
A P4 would be atleast over 1.0 ghz.
Also remember that the color depth may cause directx to **** up. 16- or 32-bit mode usually solves that.

Slougi

Re: Re: Faerin,

Doomulation said:
RJA said:
processors:

Doh!
Also remember that the color depth may cause directx to **** up. 16- or 32-bit mode usually solves that.
Not on a anything post voodoo 3, all cards after that support 32 bit colours.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Re: Re: Faerin,

Slougi said:
Doomulation said:
RJA said:
processors:

Doh!
Not on a anything post voodoo 3, all cards after that support 32 bit colours.
I mean 24-bits color should be avoided.
Afaik, the voodoo2 and below doesn't support 32-bit, so those should be on 16. Other cards can be on 16 and 32. But 24 causes troubles to DX somehow.