What's new

Model 2 News

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Everybody ceck emutronia - The latest shots of the model 2 emu are out - This emu gets more mouthwatering by the day!!!

jollyrancher

I still think It'll be a while before these are playable... it's just that Sega emulation is very difficult for whatever reason. Good Saturn and Dreamcast emulation are still in the early stages and there's been little success with all those Sega arcade games like Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA. Actually Daytona USA might be getting close.

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Daytona USA is no where near due to lack of documentation!!
No one seems to want to do model 1 roms. Virtua cop is very close

Stezo2k

S-2K
jollyrancher said:
I still think It'll be a while before these are playable... it's just that Sega emulation is very difficult for whatever reason. Good Saturn and Dreamcast emulation are still in the early stages and there's been little success with all those Sega arcade games like Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA. Actually Daytona USA might be getting close.

Crazy taxi is noami hardware and is very similar to the dreamcast hardware, it will be a while before it will be emulated and it would require around 2ghz optimised. You might aswell get the pc version of crazy taxi

Stez

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
/me crys because Daytona USA wont be emu'd for a while because of the undocumented chip :(

Thats the MAIN reason that I'm interested in Sega Model 2 emulation. But I believe that is will be emulated eventually so its not a total loss.......

Reznor007

Grant64 said:
Daytona USA is no where near due to lack of documentation!!
No one seems to want to do model 1 roms. Virtua cop is very close

It's not that people don't want to, in fact Modeler runs most Model 1 games, however, Model 1 uses the same 3d DSP as Model2 and Model2A, and is unknown, so only 2d stuff is shown.