What's new

Anyone with similar sys specs, or anyone

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Hi all,

I've tried several emus as well as plugin combinations and settings. Even toggeling the settings that made no sense to me. Everything works good except the sound. It stutters and lags, I'm sure other have had this sound problem. The only time when a N64 game worked was Mario64 on an old version of Corn. (0.2 I think)

Can anyone with similar system specs share some info on what they're using? Thanks:

Celeron 533MHz
256mb RAM
GeForce2 MX400 64mb
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
Win98SE
DirectX 8.1
Detonator 4

RPGlover12

i think its ur processor since its a bit slow celeron 533 mhz isn't good enough for n64 emulation though ;) so u should buy a new processor coz everything else u have is good
get an athlon xp 1800 or something like that will work hell great ;)

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Ya I'm saving up for a new case/motherboard/cpu. But that will take a few months. If it's my cpu, how come Mario64 works perfectly on Corn? Too bad Corn doesn't run any other games heh.

thx!

RPGlover12

coz Corn mostly run for slow system if u have a p1 233 mario64 will run great :) its for slow systems though others are for high systems i think u should keep goin now with corn and when u get a new comp try the otha emulators they will run great ;)

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. :\ Any page or info on how to get other games aside form M64 to run on Corn?

RPGlover12

check the compatibilty list in corn folder ;) its in an ini file dont remember its name though ;) see the fully playable and these will run pretty good ;) i hope that this helped ya ;)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
sound is going to be slow in the newer emulators as ur cpu is the bottleneck, and something has to suffer, even if its not the frame rate. i would recommend using 1964.0.7.3, azimar's 0.30 (old audio) plugin and jabo;s d3d 1.5.

now when u load a game go to the rom properties under the 'edit' tab, and raise the CF to something like 5 or 6. things will definitely be faster, some hav even reported corn speeds, but im not so sure. azimar's 0.30 should help sound wise, but stuttery sound was something i got even on a athlon 950, so i dunno if it will solve it.

azimar's 0.30 is availabe from http://apollo.emulation64.com

ull need to download one of the old versions of apollo, and the plugin should be obtainable from there, or u could try www.emulation64.com or www.smiff.clara.net and look through their plugin download sections.

RPGlover12

Its not a sound driver or anything sk8bloke its coz of his pc look at the processor its celeron 533 so its slow though when he upgrades he will find a hell better fps though

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh yea why doesnt he try 1964? That works flawlessly on my PIII :) if not, try corn or UltraHLE with a glide wrapper (Dont use evoodoo, that will be too slow for u, try glide2ideal)

Stez

RPGlover12

yeah but i dont think he will play with pj64 though ;) he must upgrade to run it pretty good ;) he will run it but not full speed ;) so i think he must get a new pc for newer games eg:gta3 so he will he have to upgrade anyway :)

Last edited:
yeah and guys, keep in mind that the original celerons suxor cause they have low cache or something (can't remember cause of lack of caring lol) so there would be a difference if he was running an amd 533 mhz or even a pentium 3 533 but yeah I can vouch for bigger performances from the emus once upgraded lol...
I can get full speeds on my system (specs below) and my system was only $609.84 canadian for the processor, mb, ram, hdd, case, cd rom...
thats going from a p2 400 lol

iq_132

Banned
I have a celeron 800, and can't even get a constant 50/60 fps in games with Azimer's audio, and Jabo's D3d with PJ64.
(1964 doesn't like my system right now for some reason...)

Stezo2k

S-2K
thedaemon666 said:
yeah and guys, keep in mind that the original celerons suxor cause they have low cache or something (can't remember cause of lack of caring lol) so there would be a difference if he was running an amd 533 mhz or even a pentium 3 533 but yeah I can vouch for bigger performances from the emus once upgraded lol...
I can get full speeds on my system (specs below) and my system was only $609.84 canadian for the processor, mb, ram, hdd, case, cd rom...
thats going from a p2 400 lol

heh not bad, u could get that stuff a hell of a lot cheaper now tho ;) would only cost me around £300 to get mine upgraded to a athlon xp 2000+ & 256DDR Ram, new case & a Geforce 4 :)

Stez

LoL actually my stuff was almost at cost and that was maybe a month ago...
and keep in mind this is Canadian Funds and yeah your £ is worth more so yeah...
my new stuff would have been easily over $1000 cdn. plus but any ways gtg at school lol

Stezo2k

S-2K
mesman00 said:
i can see the processor and memory for that kinda money, but the gf4 too? what kind an mx?

nah a ti420 64MB, theres a town near me called wolverhampton and theres a shop there and its quite cheap really :) im really suprised how cheap the athlon XPs are

Stez

RPGlover12

Well i had p3 600 and it ran pretty great well pj64 atleast ;) but it ran hell better when i got the latest drivers i was once runnin a crappy 25 fps when i updated to the latest driver (dont remember which one) but it was the latest at its time it ran after that 60 fps in zelda oot ;) so i think also drivers increase speed and stuff like that ;)