What's new

psxe emulator problems.

From Finland

I downloaded the PSXE emulator and a required Pete's video plugin. So, now I copied all the files that were in the plugin zip into the PSXE emulator plugin folder, but now that I tried to start the emulator, it won't recognize the video plugin.
What's wrong? (or) What am I doing wrong?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
From Finland said:
I downloaded the PSXE emulator and a required Pete's video plugin. So, now I copied all the files that were in the plugin zip into the PSXE emulator plugin folder, but now that I tried to start the emulator, it won't recognize the video plugin.
What's wrong? (or) What am I doing wrong?

I think you mean ePSXe. either, Your video card doesnt have its correct drivers or you didnt run the Wizard before running the emulator... Run the Wizard First before running anything... You might be missing the CD plugin, Sound plugin or the BIOS (NO! We will not tell you where to get it). Run that and see what your missing...

OP
F

From Finland

yes i have a bios file and i downloaded recommended video plugin

error message:ePSXe wasn't able to find a GPU plugin in your epsxe/plugins directory.
take a look at the list of recommended plugins..etc..

DarkKnight38

The original
The problem is that you need a video plugin. You need to download and extract a video plugin into the plugins directory. After that, select it in the wizard or graphics settings. I reccomend pete's, those are the best. What i did when i first installed epsxe was download the emu (duh), i downloaded a plugins pack from aldostools.com, and i found a bios from searching google. Put everything in the right directory, and run the wizard to do it's stuff. Piece of cake.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
CRi{]v[}iNaL said:
you might need to update ur directx version or use the D3D 6 plugin
D3D 5 plugin? I think you're thinking of N64 plugins. This is PSEmu Pro plugin problems.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Ah yes, he did specify he was using Pete's plugins. The D3D6 one has less glitches (take it from someone with horribly glitchy video card drivers) but if you really want accuracy, the P.E.Op.P.S software plugin is the way to go.