What's new

Need advise

Nukem

ok I just bought a new vedio card Geforce 4 4400 TI and when I tryd playing banjo tooie it was slow and donkey kong as well can any one tell me why is that maybe my sating wrong in project64?

Allnatural

Slow...compared to what it was before? Or just slow period? The video card has a negligible effect on speed, unless your previous was so painfully bad...

RPGlover12

i think its his processor its surely slow since his graphic card is hell fast so u betta state ur processor and ram plz ;)

OP
Nukem

Nukem

ok my system specs are 512 Ram, 1.2 ghz, Geforce 4 4400 TI.

thanx for replying guys!!!

Allnatural

Is the problem just with DK and BT? If so I suggest you read the GameFAQ, it covers both problems. In BT's case I'm assuming it suffers from the same issues as Banjo-Kazooie. It's all timing related. 1964 may be a better choice for these two games.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

it hepens with all new N64 games like Konker bad fur day, Donky Kong, Banjo Tooie, and so on

OP
Nukem

Nukem

the funny thing abouted is that when I am puting the most highst resolution 1280x1034-32 bit, anisotropic filtering-8 , anti alising, all the best setings the lag dosent get worth I mean it dosent lag that match just the camera isn't going smuth as it should be.

iq_132

Banned
1. Why do you have your settings that high if you want to play it without choppyness?
2. Definitely try 1964.
a. If you have Windows XP try 1964 0.8.3.
b. If you have Windows 9x try 1964 0.7.3.
3. Give us the plugins you use, and their settings.
4. Good luck :)

OP
Nukem

Nukem

iq_132 said:
1. Why do you have your settings that high if you want to play it without choppyness?
2. Definitely try 1964.
a. If you have Windows XP try 1964 0.8.3.
b. If you have Windows 9x try 1964 0.7.3.
3. Give us the plugins you use, and their settings.
4. Good luck :)

in my preveus post what I mant is that wether I am puting the most highst setings or lowst the lag dosent get worth and it dosent gets better no meter what resolution I put. and I think 1964 emulator dont run most of the new N64 games. and plugins that I use in project64 1.5 is (jabous Direct3d 6 1.5) and the setings are default. I got a feling that its f**ing Windows XP man how I hait it. what about you dose Banjo tooie and all other new N64 games lags on your camputer?

Allnatural

Your "lag" problem is obviously not related to your graphics card. And why should it be? Your video hardware has minimal effect on speed. The problem may simply be that newer N64 games, much like newer PC games, have higher system requirements.

And like I mentioned earlier, DK 64, Banjo-Kazooie, (and presumably Banjo-Tooie) all suffer from minor timing problems which effect the smoothness of the game.

OP
Nukem

Nukem

I appreceate your advise guys but if you saing that it dosent related to my New grapchick cared how come PC game caled marwan Elder scroll 3 is laging badly :!!!: :sly: :plain2: :( :eek:

Allnatural

If your problem is system-wide, then it suddenly becomes more difficult to diagnose.

A couple of simple suggestions:

1. Close unnecessary background programs, to free-up resources

2. Different drivers, even if that means using older ones

OP
Nukem

Nukem

some body told me from another board that if I want my graphic card to work its max speed I need high processor I got 1.2 is that enough?

Check your graphics aperture size in your bios, it should be half the amount of ram that you have installed in your system...
are you running winxp home edition or pro? cause home suxors...
whats the amount of free space on your hdd? is there enough room for your page file? are you running the latest drivers for your vid card? (ie. the 40.41 detonators for winxp)...
there are lots of things you can try... and as for Morowind: Elder Scrolls 3, you should be able to run it damn fine with your specs as well as the emu...
also switch to the Jabo's DX7 version of the plug as you are running DX8.1 because of WinXP also have you tried to install a different ver of DX? if So you screwed up your copy cause winxp is very specific for DX etc etc
also disable all of the fancy transitions etc for winxp, not having these things on will improve performance slightly

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
yeah, dude, your specs are fine, i'd try a good solid bios setting check with an expert on the phone, and then maybe a full reformat reinstall.

never underestimate the power of hd format and fresh install... :)

rhy