What's new

GBA Bios

flow``

flow``
i think it contains certain calls used by the emu to speed up things instead of them having to emulate it

i think :)

Twelve70

I don't know if it speeds up a EMU really... DreamGBA is the only GBA EMU that I know of that uses one. BoycottAdvance is just as fast & you don't have to hunt for a VERY hard to find BIOS.

Twelve70

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Wasn't hard for me to find. VisualBoy Advance gives the option of using one or not using one, thats why I ask. I havn't tried any others cause Visual Boy Advance is awesome.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
BIOS are also not allowed to be asked for/provided right?

i dont need one, just wondering...???

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yes, a bios is a memory dump of the system, just like a rom is a memory dump of a game cartridge. They are all copyrighted and technically illeagel. Therefore you cannot ask for them.

zorbid

Eagle said:
Wasn't hard for me to find. VisualBoy Advance gives the option of using one or not using one, thats why I ask. I havn't tried any others cause Visual Boy Advance is awesome.

VisualBoy Advance is much faster with the bios. On my duron 700, with frameskip=1, the games run at fullspeed with good sound. Without the bios, there are slowdowns in complex scenes (EG. lots of cars in mario kart+3 koopa'shells spinning around.)

Last edited:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Use Bios or not use the Bios

I just started encoding a GBA emu and have experienced that a BIOS is indeed handy for some things :

- It boosts the speed a little :)
- It makes emulating it a little bit easier :) (a bios is a memory dump of the system, just like a rom is a memory dump of a game cartridge. They are all copyrighted and technically illegal.

Further it doesn't do that muchbut I surely improves the speed.
Check out VisualBoy Advance as Zorbid said.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
It actually has the same sound as a real gba when starting the bios.

Generally : Also a bios is needed to play some games Sonic Advance for instant.

gokuss4

Meh...
not really it has a sound of a gameboy while the gameboy advance has more of a bling and the ding sounds like a real ding

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
That's you opinion and I respect that. But why trouble about such a little thing that isn't a really annoying problem now is it ? ???