What's new

Need help.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Hi im extremely new to the saturn emu scene and i need help in runing just a game. I really just want to see the emulation of daytona. I have the iso for it and have tried all emu's but each have complicated interfaces with debuggers and stuff.
Can anyone just give me simple steps in an emu so i can just run the iso.
THANKS

btw why do all the saturn emus have such complicated interfaces?
my specs
p3 871mhz 256ram gf2 mx 400 win xp

Last edited:

RPGlover12

First of all the emulators are hell slow ur gonna get it running about 3 - 5 fps per second and i suggest u go and buy the real system :) its cheap right now

2fast4u

besides rpglovers good point there IS a step-by-step instruction ;) ...

> use satourne for this .. grab the latest beta from http://saturn.emulation64.com (probably the english translation would be a good idea too *cough*

> click "load saturn binary"

> select the file, click run [pray that it works] and there u go, simple as can be :)

so far most of satournes interface is obviously used by fabien for debugging, but u dont need it to run a game anyway.

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
Also decrease the sh2 frequency (master sh2)to get better speed.:D got 100fps but it wont run games at low sh2 frequency but bios bit is nice.;)

OP
grand master

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Well i read all your replys and looked at the state of the saturn emu scene and i decided to go buy a saturn. But then i thought hell i might as well buy a Dreamcast. I already bought daytona 2001 for $20 AUD (hell cheap) and i should get the console with 6 games for $120 AUD with a steering whell for $25 AUD.
Can't wait for seag rally 2 le mans and daytona...:D

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
:plain: Ummmm......you do kno that both sega rally2 and daytona on the DC are plain shit.:sleepy:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Yeah Snake that would be awesome!!! But it won't happen for a while - If u like DC racing games go straight out and buy MSR - Arguably better than Project Gotham (Sequel) Enjoy - Thank me later

PS - Anyone know Elsemi's latest status update on the Model 2 emu!!!

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
the only thing about MSR that didn't irk me was the graphical quality... the controls felt terrible to me, which pretty well ruined the full experience before i did much of anything with it. Project Gotham didn't feel quite as bad to me, but that's not saying much... different strokes, i guess.

OP
grand master

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
well im back and i must say i love the dreamcast!!!
nuff said!!
(crazy taxi 2 is ze best))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))