What's new

SATURN MEMORIES- You know you love them

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
Last night I pulled out my old saturn from under the bed (it was being used as a replacement leg) and had some sweeeeet gaming goodness.

Here's some of the memories I relived:

-SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP ("Game over Gaaaaaaame")
Spent way to much time perfecting the desert course (51 second lap in Stratos)

-NIGHTS INTO DREAMS (Pure gaming bliss- Sonic team at their best)
-CHRISTMAS NIGHTS (Releanna kept shafting me at the present guessing game)

-PANZER DRAGOON 2 ZWEI (spent half the night unlocking "pandoras box"...remminds me of my highschool days I once dated a girl called....uh....nevermind)

-STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 1 & 2 (I still say the saturn controller was the best for these series, so bloody comfy)

[color=royal blue]-VIRTUA FIGHTER 1, 2 and FIGHTERS MEGAMIX[/color] (played fighters megamix till I unlocked the semi-naked picture of Virtua cop Janet)

(oh and virtua fighters series crapped all over tekken...I don't care what you say)

...so many memories,I better stop because there is something in my eye..(goddamn forum dust)........ who else has some?

nail... head... hit... *droooooooooool*

/me want games
gimmie!!!!!

i managed a 51 second lap... IN THE CELICA!! :D back in the day i kicked ass on that level, i beyond perfected it... thats what i loved about that game, if you got good enough, it was possible to do all levels without touching any sides super fast

NiGHTS, simply the BEST GAME EVER

SFA2, my god did i love that game, still unrivalled as a 2d fighter, cus i think they got silly after that, and the pad was PERFECT for 2d fighters.

Virtua Fighter 2, a game not even parralled as a technical fighter until virtua fighter 4... amazing stuff, amazing

lets not forget tomb raider... a game origionally developed for the saturn, panzer dragoon saga, one of the deepest most involving rpg's of all time, and i only just about made it to the second disk! (can you believe the british saturn magazine actually GAVE AWAY the first disk as a demo)

sonic r, a game so cool i could cream my pants
daytona, pure arcadey goodness
die hard arcade... for some reason a game that even its sequel didn't get close to.

yet apperentley the saturn was "shit"
yeah... right

OP
Ki_Amaru

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
Found my backup RAM cartridge with my Sega Rally times.

Fastest Celica lap on Desert belongs to my next door neighbour
(much to my annoyance)

51 seconds 24.......Played a few hours trying to beat it....couldn't....went to bed with a bottle of whiskey.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
And lets not forget the AMAZING Saturn Bomberman - The best bomberman of all time!!!!! I can still play and play that now!!!

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
I still remember the good old days when playing my saturn, dont forget guardian hereos pure genious 6 player streets of rage fighting waaaaaaaaa!!!

longest time playin my saturn straight for was:19hours