What's new

zelda messing up

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
When I play zelda orcarina of time, zelda is white and several other things are white. Some of the other things include epona, the three stones, the medalions, and some tunnels. I am wondering if this is a common issue or if it is my video card? I have the newest drivers. my system specs are

pentium3 450
128 megs sdram
ati rage pro turbo 8mb
yamaha sound card

im using 1964 newest version
jabos direct3d 1.3
alzimers old driver
nrage input

directx8.1

also in majoras mask the clock on the bottom of the screen is missing, help.

p.s. great emu, keep up the good work

Rice

Emulator Developer
I am sure this is your video card problem, please refer to PJ64's forum to see if you can find solution. If you are lucky, you may solve it by updating your video card driver, and try different setting in Jabo's video plugin. Otherwise, just go to buy a better card, GeForce 2 or better is recommended.

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
help

I have the newest certified drivers. I am running under win98se is there any settings you would recomend for sound + graphics?

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
help

I have the newest certified drivers. I am running under win98se is there any settings you would recomend for sound + graphics? also, thanks for doing these forums. I am sure that they take a lot of work to reply to each one. If you need a graphics coder i am currently learning, more than willing to help you guys out.

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
great idea

I havnt tried it yet because im just heading out the door. But thanks for all the help. I really apreciate it. Sorry for any mispells but im in a rush, also is there any tweaks that you would recomend

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
whatever u do, dont turn on Copy Frame Buffer! anything other than 'none' will slow down the emu!

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
new settings?

I changed the internal part to external in the plugin settings and it is actually showing how much hearts that i have left. i tried to turn on validate blending but i cant find this option, help. The colors however are still messing up. RCP emulation seemed to correct this, but it is so slow. Can anyone tell me what validate blending is?

blank

quote from NeSC

Enable to allows the plugin to intelligently replace features that your card doesn't support with simpler ones that it does. Can have a dramatic effect on image quality on poor cards but also a performance impact. Leave off on the recommended cards, where it shouldn't be necessary.

In v1.3 of jabo's gfx plugin "validate blending" is called "change blending mode if invalid for video card". I think you should find it.

Last edited: