What's new

Trouble with Doom64

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Project64 1.3 kicks ass, F-Zero X runs so much smoother now.
but can anybody help with the problems im having with doom64? on v1.2 it ran pretty fast, and on v1.3 it runs about 1/10 of the speed, even tho the game still clocks at 60fps on the counter. The cpu counter says that its only using 24% of my cpu and im not sure why. if its a bug in the code than im cool with it, i was just wondering if there was a way to fix it. also, is there a way to fix the missing gun texture?

Last edited:

RJA

The PC Wiz
Bagg, in Goldeneye 007, the missing gun texture is fixed with internal

Because, this is the issue I have with Goldeneye 007, (the missing gun textures on external) I suggest if you are using external, that you use internal transforms.;)

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
yeah, i used to use the external GT setting cause it was the plugin's default setting. but when i switched to internal i notice several bug fixes in a majority of games, such as F-Zero X on the machine selection screen (all the machine models are maped into one space, set to internal to fix it), and on Zelda 64 (it fixes some of the menu bugs). tho it dosent fix the missing gun textures in Doom, hopefuly next release will.

im not to sure about the downsides of using internal GT so any feedback would help. :pj64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
B*A*G*G said:
yeah, i used to use the external GT setting cause it was the plugin's default setting. but when i switched to internal i notice several bug fixes in a majority of games, such as F-Zero X on the machine selection screen (all the machine models are maped into one space, set to internal to fix it), and on Zelda 64 (it fixes some of the menu bugs). tho it dosent fix the missing gun textures in Doom, hopefuly next release will.

im not to sure about the downsides of using internal GT so any feedback would help. :pj64:
Well, for what I know, Internal should be used as majority, and External when Internal messes up (which it often doesn't do).