What's new

Nintendo Gamecube Question.

Vchat20

Hey, has anyone tryed playing the Cube cd's in your PC? If that hasnt worked, have you tryed to take out the drive from the cube and tryed to install it in your PC to play the cd's? Please reply.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Vchat20 said:
Hey, has anyone tryed playing the Cube cd's in your PC? If that hasnt worked, have you tryed to take out the drive from the cube and tryed to install it in your PC to play the cd's? Please reply.

Thats where emulators would come into play the role of "Emulating" the game.. but there are no Gamecube emulators out.. Plus, dont expect one for several Months, maybe years... As for playing them as in a Reguar CD... I wouldnt think so...

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

But what about opening up the cube, removing the cd drive, and installing it in a regular PC. Has anyone tried that?

iq_132

Banned
I would think that nintendo has modified the drive so that it won't work in a regular pc without some serious modding and hacking. They seem to have worked so hard to prevent illegal copying, it would seem silly to leave something simple like that open.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Reznor007 said:
High speed emulation of the PowerPC CPU is quite difficult. I'll leave it at that.

PowerPC Chips Havent even been emulated for Mac Emu's... SO if someone gets a PowerPC Based Emulator working... it would be a Emu First...

Reznor007

CpU MasteR said:
Reznor007 said:
High speed emulation of the PowerPC CPU is quite difficult. I'll leave it at that.

PowerPC Chips Havent even been emulated for Mac Emu's... SO if someone gets a PowerPC Based Emulator working... it would be a Emu First...

There is a very early PPC emulation in the works...but I'm not sure if the author intends on finishing it. It works far enough to begin to trace some Sega Model 3 games.

RPGlover12

We wont see a Gamecube emulator b4 atleast 1 year since the system was just released from a while but still who knows maybe someone is emulatin that system, i think there was someone who started that emulator (dont remember who exactly)he's from Emutalk i know many would remember him who knows maybe he progressed :)

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Hey, I dont know whether youve seen it or not. But, Ive watched Extendsed Play on TechTV. They showed a new type of gamecube that will play gamecube games and DVD's! the drive is made big enough for DVD's. Maybe if somebody took the drive out of that, it will probably work in a PC better than the original drive (considering the DVD/GC console isnt made by Nintendo). You oughtta try that.

iq_132

Banned
I heard something about Nintendo licensing their tech to dvd player companies or something like that... or was it sega with the dreamcast? Oh well, I did hear about something like this somewhere. I don't sound vague at all do i? :)

Blaze

N64 Devoloper
About Gamecube Emus...
U Can download GC Emus with " KaZaA "
but the emus are not working...?

Blaze.

Blaze

N64 Devoloper
I4get:
i´ve hear about gc graphics for a gc emu must be load
from the graphics card ( It is not tested )

iq_132

Banned
Gamecube emulators on the internet are fake or virii. I'm not sure if blaze knows much or anything about the Gamecube.