What's new

GBA w/ bluetooth?

Vchat20

I heard that they are going to make GBA's with bluetooth capability. Is that total bull, or is it true? If its true, when is it going to be released?

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I heard about that looooooong ago. But yes, GBAs will have bluetooth technology for connecting to the internet and play online. At least that was what Nintendo said looooooooooong ago...

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Maybe they already do? *Duh Duh Duh!*

SOMEBODY OPEN UP YOUR GBA AND LOOK!!

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

I was just making a joke out of it. For how long its been since they said something about it, youd expect they would have done it already. So I was thinking it might have already been done, without anyone been told about it. But I doubt that very highly.

CRi{]v[}iNaL

it would be nice to play graphiti or horse in THPS with someone without them being right in front of you . man, i would invest in that shit.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Or play Mario Kart: Super Circuit online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or even better: ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Play The Legend of Zelda - The four swords!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbag

Yep thats true i cant wait until that happens lol at school surfing the net at lunchbreak on a little portable gaming machine :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Anchel said:
Or even better: ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Play The Legend of Zelda - The four swords!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, that will probably suck multiplayer, that games meant to be single player ;)

Stez

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Stezo2k said:
Anchel said:

LOL, that will probably suck multiplayer, that games meant to be single player ;)

Stez
No, not really, Mario Kart was a pretty nice multiplayer game, and Zelda will have a multiplayer mode.
But I doubt how playable would an online GBA game be...

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I suppose they'll start making multiplayer-only games.
But will the bluetooth support older games (like the ones I listed below)

tbag

Hmm.. since the GBA supports 128 sprites in every frame to gain its full speed but then supporting data thats just being transferred into it causing some lag it could be really buggy :(

Look at the SNES it had a modem for online play nintendo tried it 3 times and then abandoned it

Stezo2k

S-2K
DuDe said:
Stezo2k said:
Anchel said:

Stez
No, not really, Mario Kart was a pretty nice multiplayer game, and Zelda will have a multiplayer mode.
But I doubt how playable would an online GBA game be...

i meant Zelda :p

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

tbag said:
Look at the SNES it had a modem for online play nintendo tried it 3 times and then abandoned it

REALLY?! I never knew that. I got mine when it first came out but never knew anything about a modem for it.