What's new

For the people who seem to have problems with Project 64

Hyper_X

Well, itz been about 4 dayz since i've been trying out plugins with the project 64. They do work, yet i still get slowdowns. Ive seen some of you have the exact same problem as I do.

This is not meant to be spam or anything, but i would like to advise the ppl who has problems with the project 64 to use 1964, the plugins seem to work a lot better for those who either has a video card which was not recommended by the pj64 emulator.

So far when I used pj64 to run such games like wwf no mercy or wcw/nwo revenge, it runs perfect! Even on 1024x768 resolution full screen it worx! When i try that on pj, the speed is rather lower due to the fact that my video card is a SiS.

But I still use pj64 to run games like mario kart and mario 64, cuz it runs better on pj than 1964.

In other words, just try em both....most likely you might need both to run certain games. I hope this solves the slowdown problem.

jollyrancher

To address the issue of the "slowdowns" in the new PJ64, there are two types of "slowdowns."

1. Slowdowns due to to hardware limitations, which manifest themselves through frame rates consistently below 60 (or 50 in PAL games). I'm using a P4 so I don't have this problem, but if you're using something slower, you could always try 1964.

2. Slowdowns caused by a software glitch in the Jabo 1.5 video plugin that cause brief pauses. This can be seen in Mario Kart if you do a few laps in the first level. In the 1964 forum Duncan said to be wary of using the 1.5 plugin with 1964 as it causes the same pausing and can also crash the emulator.

bositman

The best thing is not to switch emulators or anything just USE JABO'S 1.4 plugin if you are having problems such as these at my post in the feedback thread(1st post) Ill add more there so it will be more complete :)

OP
H

Hyper_X

That doesn't alwas fix the issue...i have a p4 as well..and itz still running slow

OP
H

Hyper_X

glitch? what glitch? for the p4?

btw i managed to get full speed on all roms, heck even 3 times the speed in some parts :D!

jollyrancher

The "glitch" is a texture caching problem in Jabo's 1.5 plugin that causes brief pauses in some games (Mario Kart, ISS 98, Star Fox, Tony Hawk 1, etc; although platformers seem ok). It doesn't matter how good your CPU or video card are. However, most other games work much better with the new 1.5 plugin... textures that were absent or messed up in 1.4 have been fixed.

OP
H

Hyper_X

i understand, but that's not the case....when i run games like wwf no mercy, the speed isn't up to the 60fps i thought it would be, considering the fact that my specs are good enough to do that.

jollyrancher

The problem has to be the SiS video card (is this one of those integrated memory video chips?)... I get a consistent 60 fps on WWF No Mercy with a p4 and a geforce3.

bositman

Well,ofcourse since you have a Sis card,its a bottleneck for the whole system.Your CPU is fast,but the gfx card is slowing it down much.You get full speed at 1964 cause it has a faster core.Id suggest buying a new gfx card not only for PJ64 but for all other pc games too.A GF2 MX is really cheap now :)

OP
H

Hyper_X

heh ic...i dont really see the problem with my SiS (except for pj64 emulation), but games do run perfectly fine on fine resolutions and 32-bit.