What's new

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire

Mario

Hey everyone!

I heard that these two new versions of the Pokémon series would be released for the Gameboy Advance during November this year.
I may well import it. But have you guys heard of anything concerning this?

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Yes. The game has crappy graphics (I mean, they are good, but they don't use the REAL power of the GBA) and it uses the TAG battle system, where you use two pokémon at the same time. Check my thread about GBA pics and news, where you'll find some pics of pokémon games in pages 1 and 3 : http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=6869

OP
M

Mario

I agree that the Gameboy Advance has not been used to it's full potential. But features such as the two on two battling really brings out the game.

OP
M

Mario

The Gameboy Advance forum is made specially for teenagers, or for people under 25 or so. So it is quite obvious whether we are adults or not.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
This forum is for everyone, but I'm not an adult, and I don't really like pokémon games, I just...............used to play them

Vchat20

Hey, when somebody manages to import the Pokemon Advance Games, make roms of them, and translate them to English, post the files here. (of course I think there's a limit on file size.) If its not possible to post it here then ill gladly give you some of my server space, if needed. And for the person who said the graphics are crappy. Have you seen any screenshots? No you have footprints to retrace your tracks, shadows, and splashes in the water. Gives new life to the old pokemon games. I admit, they could have tryed to do 3D, but they probably want to keep it at 2D.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Still, the battle graphics could have been a lot better, but they keep with those bad ones. I was expecting a kind of Golden Sun graphics for the battle. And in the overworld, I know that the footprints, fog, shadows and reflections are a nice idea, but they could have done better drawn characters, and better drawn tiles. This game looks like pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal but with more colours and some effects.

I've also got a question for the mods. Can you make rom requests in this forum? I don't want to make any, but that guy has made one...