What's new

Neo Geo and XP

Axigen

Banned
I've tried Neogeo Rage with XP and it couldn't load anything. I downloaded the bios and tried to play Metal Slug and other games with it, but they don't work. I'm sure my system has nothing to do with it because its up to date. Is it because of my operating system??

Reznor007

Stezo2k said:
www.neoragex.com

I got 0.7 from there for xp njoy!

Just cuz its old, doesnt mean neorageX is crap, its fast, got a nice GUI, good enough for me

Stez

It doesn't emulate the NeoGeo raster effects, has bad sound, and for many games, you have to use hacked ROMs. If you have a computer over 400MHz, MAME will run just fine for most NeoGeo games.

EDIT: PS, NeoRage .7 is a hacked version of .6 and the original authors don't like it.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i dont care about raster effects, the sound is fine (even better than the arcade, even with my shitty sound chip)

And not all games need to be hacked to run on neorageX, just with the newer ones they need to be decripted.

Stez

Reznor007

Stezo2k said:
i dont care about raster effects, the sound is fine (even better than the arcade, even with my shitty sound chip)

And not all games need to be hacked to run on neorageX, just with the newer ones they need to be decripted.

Stez

The raster effects are required for some games to look right (Galaxy Fight, backgrounds in Metal Slug2/X mission 1), and for sound just listen to the intro of Shock Troopers Second Squad. Compare it to the newest version of MAME or Nebula and you will really see why no one should use NRX anymore. Especially if your computer will run WinXP.

Reznor007

Stezo2k said:
yea your right, but i like to run games like metal slug 4 and kof 2001 nicely, so i use nrx

Stez

Then use MAME :) And yes, MAME supports those games(just not in the official builds).

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
If mame's too slow, you could try Nebula, or winkawaks.. And soon, maybe Final Burn as well(I hear it's going to support neo geo games soon).. The public released mame versions supports the newer games but they are disabled.. They can be enabled easily enough though.. ;)

OP
A

Axigen

Banned
Its ok now. I've found a Neo Ragex hack for XP. Works perfectly fine now. Thanks for all your answers and support. Visit my site!