What's new

Jabo 3D addin v Intel 815

NX3

Hi,
I know the 815 video card built into intel motherboards isn't the greatest but I dont have problems running most directx stuff. For example Quake3, Return to Wolfenstein etc all work fine. However using Jabos 3D plugin many games look odd, mario golf, mario kart have missing graphics and the static screens look odd. I've seen some screenshots on PJ64 site of what they should look like and believe me its nothing like i see. eg mario kart the characters are big black squares. Some stuff seems fine though and works great. Any ideas if any setting I can change to fix ?
Thanks

Trotterwatch

Just a tip:

Quake 3, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein don't actually use Directx, they use OpenGL.

Last edited:
OP
N

NX3

Good point....ok...Midtown Madness 2 use directx for sure. Also I've used the glide wrapper stuff with ultrahle with no problems.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Jabo uses advanced blending modes that "generic" or low end cards don't support, and that's causing the problem, not fixable, buuuuut, there is always glide64+evoodoo, it will eliminate your problems cause they use less advanced combiner modes that just about any d3d accelerator supports. Worked great on my integrated trident card, till i got a gf4mx.. :)