What's new

Paper Mario and things of that sort

ReaperJ

Paper mario, and any other game that uses 2d images that float around (such as the "dust" that comes out from under their feet when running in paper mario...) shows up as boxes...Neither the image, nor the transparancy shows up, just the 2d plain the image would be located on..... Has there been any sort of fix for this? Or a plugin..?:plain:

New to forums, dont flame me if im ignorant to another post of this sort. :devil: :angry:

:pj64:

DK64

looks to me like its the "crap video card cant do extended D3D features" bug :p

if u wanna play it how its meant to look, either use the 1.4 plugin with validate blending or get a new video card :)

DarkKnight38

The original
Actually, that card is pretty much crap. As far as n64 emulation goes, a tnt2 is probably about as bad as it gets without making games unplayable. I get that problem too in a lot of games (i got a tnt2). They also seem to appear and disappear at will, too. It did it on paper mario, did it on mario kart. Hell, it even did it on ePSXe with xenogears. DK64 was pretty much right.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
gfx issues in epsxe? that's not because of a gfx card, those are errors in the plugins, about xenogears, that's a known issue. as far as n64 emulation with a tnt2 goes, they should work just perfect, try using 23.xx drivers instead of new ones.

DarkKnight38

The original
meh, i'm not going to argue, i know next to nothing about the actual emulation of psx. All i know is that the dust from your sand cruiser is all messed up. Sorry 'bout going off topic.

DarkKnight38

The original
I was talking about the "dust" that appears when you move in the sand cruiser in xenogears. It gets this annoying black square border around it. But this isn't project 64 related at all, so i apologized for going off topic. There ya go, a nice explanation of my post ;).

TrueKaiser

Autobot Renegade
you must be hard pressed for cash if you can't even get a geforce2 mx, last time i checked there under 50 bucks now sence the geforce 4's came out.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u can probably get a second-hand geforce2mx for roughly £25 quid - $40ish, maybe less. they're easy to get hold off, and they are eas y to get hold of second hand.

OP
R

ReaperJ

cooliscool said:
gfx issues in epsxe? that's not because of a gfx card, those are errors in the plugins, about xenogears, that's a known issue. as far as n64 emulation with a tnt2 goes, they should work just perfect, try using 23.xx drivers instead of new ones.

ya, the card is not crap. and btw, i have all the roms mentioned, and see no problems there, games like supermario 64 run perfect, its basically just paper mario.

I have the latest drivers, and i can run just about any game perfectly, rom or not ;)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
ReaperJ said:
I have a Nvida tnt2 model 64 , 32 mb video ram..thats hardly crap.

for n64emulation thats crap sorry.... i would suggest getting a 32/64mb geforce 2 gts (which is pretty cheap now) or a geforce 3 (which is also pretty cheap now) hell i paid 230+ for a 32 mb geforce 2 gts that came with stupid 3d glasses that i probably threw out extra 30 bucks for that crap bah..... anyway i think geforce 3 is about the same price

/me kicks himself wishes he waited a little while longer

Trotterwatch

A TNT2 for N64 emulation is not the best, but it can hardly be classified as crap either - I would prefer to call the Intel based onboard graphics as near the bottom of the pile.

One thing to the original poster, in the second picture you posted, it looks like you have a lot of bad roms (denoted by the (B) symbol after them) does Mario have one of these after the rom name? Probably a longshot though - and if you know about this kind of thing already (ensuring you have goodroms) then don't take offence, k

OP
R

ReaperJ

Trotterwatch said:
A TNT2 for N64 emulation is not the best, but it can hardly be classified as crap either - I would prefer to call the Intel based onboard graphics as near the bottom of the pile.

One thing to the original poster, in the second picture you posted, it looks like you have a lot of bad roms (denoted by the (B) symbol after them) does Mario have one of these after the rom name? Probably a longshot though - and if you know about this kind of thing already (ensuring you have goodroms) then don't take offence, k

I don't see any (B) sybmols... O_O

DK64

just thought i'd mention that mario64 doesnt use very complex blending.. whereas newer n64 games, such as paper mario, do...

mario64 looked fine on my old sis620, basically everything else looked like crap..

i have a tnt2, i also had that problem..just tick the validate blendiong box in the jabod3d 1.4 and u should be ok..

Hitman

I just gotta add that telling people to upgrade their video cards isn't very helpful... These questions for help are to do with their current spec. If theres no help (be that in an faq or by tweaking options) then please don't just say "your video card is crap - upgrade it" !!
Some of us just can't afford to upgrade our computers every 5 minutes and keep up with the times. Even if GeForce cards are cheap now (even second hand) i personally can't afford to spend money on computer stuff. I have a house to run and family to feed !
Another thing is that personally i can live with many graphic card or plugin related issues. I know that my p3 700 + voodoo5 64mb isn't the ideal setup for n64 emulation, but then i also don't want to be told that upgrading is my only option... 80% of games run superbly for me, and i rarely have problems. I've found a few things that can help with speed or graphic issues using my own trial and error and to be honest, all that i've waited for in this release is Tooie support ! Its now there, it works, yes it has some flaws, but i can live with it...

To anyone reading that posts comments like "upgrade or die" or "your graphics is shit", please, please, just don't bother !

TrueKaiser

Autobot Renegade
wasn't the tnt series just made so companys like gateway and compaq can brag they had a nvidia chipset for there prebuilt computers.