What's new

Cannot Allocate 8Mb

Gaenya

Im getting this error everytime i run the emu
"Cannot allocate 8mb of rdram at fixed address.You may have some problems with memory settings in Windows.."

And when i run any game i get 14 VI

Configuration:
Athlon 1.2
192 MB Ram
RivaTNT
MSI K7T Turbo Limited Edition

Jabo´s D3D
N-Rage Direct Input Plugin
Azimer Audio Rev 2.2

TIA

sk8bloke22

roll for life
use jabos d3d 1.3 from pj64 1.3 and Azimar's 0.30 (Old Driver).

as ur computer is fast lower the CF level in games (either right click on rom in gui or run rom and select game settings) to about CF1,2 or 3. i dooubt many games will need higher. for some reason the .ini is configured to play games at like CF6, which will be well choppy on ur pc. ok im not sure wat else u r doing. the expansion pak prob (8 meg thingy) should be game specific - wat games r u trying? in game settings u can enable the expansion pak to solve this problem, im not sure wat game u r trying though.

schibo

Emulator Developer
try shutting down other programs while running 1964 and open up some more virtual memory in windows.

OP
G

Gaenya

thank for the answer sk8bloke22, im using the jabos D3D 1.3.
The CF is at 1 and the rest configuration is on defaults.
The problem is not game specific because im not runing any game, that message comes when i double click the emu executable. But im going to try to enable the expansion pack.
Thanks,Any other idea:)

OP
G

Gaenya

thanks schibo, i have 512megs of virtual memory and dont have any program running on the background.
anyway thanks for the reply.
Any other ideas??

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not quite sure wats going on there. as for the speed problem. try pj64 1.3 and tell me wat speed (vi/s) u are getting roughlt in comparison with 1964. if pj64 is faster, i mean like loadz faster, eg. 14vi/s on 1964 and 60vi/s on pj64, then theres definitely something weird going on.

maybe, the speed problem could be in jabos plugin. go to video options, then in the third tab there should an option for cfb (something frame buffer), make sure this is disabled, if its enabled in any form, then thats DEFINITELY wats causing ur probs.

now ur saying the 8mb ram thing is an actual error. if u could, plz press the print button on ur keyboard (next to F12) or i think u can press F12 (not sure there). then open paint and paste the image. sort out the size and attach to ur post in emutalk. this'll give the best idea on wats going on.

OP
G

Gaenya

as you said the comparision is 1964(13-19 VI/s) and pj64(57-60 VI/s), i got both emus in the same folder so they have the same plugins and the same configuration.
Frame buffer is set to none as far as i can remember(im not at home in this moment).

And is not actually an error but a message box, when i get home i post the image of the message.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok, get that image sent. ;) also i WOULDNT recommend having both emus in the same folder, not sure why, but it could cause conflicts somehow.

schibo

Emulator Developer
what OS are you using? I will try to reproduce the problem on it. We have 1964 to force to use the old (slower) memory model if it can't succesfully use the new, which is what is happening to you.