What's new

F-Zero X

RSK

RDB says compatible with no plugin notes, but my vehicles are still black?? Is there a reason for this not being in the RDB no more?:sleepy:

bositman

Quote from gamefaq: "Why are the cars black?
Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual)."
Err but since u have a GF2 mx....you do meet the minimum requirements...have you installed some new nvidia detonator drivers?

DarkKnight38

The original
a g2 mx isn't a top of the line card if you know what i mean. The requirements of games DO vary. I'm willing to guess that it isn't good enough. Same thing happened to me with conker, his head is all white! The gameFAQ said the same thing. If it worked in the last version, just use jabo's 1.4 plugin.

bositman

No,gf2 class all meet the minimum requirements(they all have the same features just different speed).Must be something else
Riva tnt 2 lacks many features of a gf2 and i guess it has many bugs...

Last edited:

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
the vehicles are not black for me,
they all have purtty colors on my system. (using a gforce4Ti)

tho i couldnt figure out a way to get rid the (bigger than they should be) black borders in this release.

DarkKnight38

The original
bositman said:
No,gf2 class all meet the minimum requirements(they all have the same features just different speed).Must be something else
those min requirements are just general all round requirements, they arent exactly true to each and every game. This fellow here has it working great with a G4, the same settings, the person with a lesser vid card doesn't have it working. The problem the gameFAQ says, he has an unable vid card. I think it's pretty safe to assume that there isn't exactly a simple fix or option you can select for it, and his video card isn't capable enough. My suggestion is try it with a different plugin.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
B*A*G*G said:
the vehicles are not black for me,
they all have purtty colors on my system. (using a gforce4Ti)

tho i couldnt figure out a way to get rid the (bigger than they should be) black borders in this release.

u can change the width/height on the screen in the video options. so u can customise to get rid of those borders, i think. nice little addition, saves going throught the rdb and editing.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
DarkKnight38 said:
bositman said:
those min requirements are just general all round requirements, they arent exactly true to each and every game. This fellow here has it working great with a G4, the same settings, the person with a lesser vid card doesn't have it working. The problem the gameFAQ says, he has an unable vid card. I think it's pretty safe to assume that there isn't exactly a simple fix or option you can select for it, and his video card isn't capable enough. My suggestion is try it with a different plugin.

LOL!!:!!!: Any geforce (TNT's for that matter) support all of the caps jabo uses in his plugins, therefore, producing as correct as possible gfx. the only reason why it wouldnt work is due to wrong drivers or misconfiguration. LOL point your finger at the n00b :sly:

DarkKnight38

The original
Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not polite to point? I was just expressing the possibility of it being a video card that doesn't meet that one game's requirements. Some games i've tried it didn't meet that game's requirements, one example is conker, his head and tail is white for me (i do have proper and updated drivers, and it's the proper configuration). I simply gave out the possibility that what conker is for me, F-Zero is for him. I still think that it's a slight possibility. I never said that it was exactly that problem, and nothing else could be the cause, i said that "it's pretty safe to assume", and when i say that, i usually mean something to the effect "i do believe" or "it's probable that". I'm not an n64 emulation genious, but i'm far from a noob. Now this is a stupid arguement, lets end it.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
bah the rdb says this and that is combatible when there are glitches in it none the less.... anyway ah who cares am starting to get tired of video games altogether (omg i didnt just say that)..... /me pulls out a kane, and small dentures

OP
RSK

RSK

so could anyone tell me where to get the best drivers for my card?

Trotterwatch

You get the drivers from http://www.nvidia.com don't bother with downloading BETA drivers.

Oh, I use the (E)(!) version of FZero and the cars are perfect, before now I have never bothered to play FZero but I played it last night - wow it's a great game :) It's emulated perfectly as well.

I use a GF3 btw - but there should be no reason that a GF2 wouldn't support this game properly.

OP
RSK

RSK

I am no good at drivers so please tell me, excactly which are the best...

Trotterwatch

Just download the ones of the Nvidia site that are designated for XP - 30.82 I believe will be the best for you. Just follow the links on the site - it really isn't that tough.

Also the ones with XP are around a year or so old, perhaps longer. As such if you are using them, then that will probably be whats causing your problem - UPDATE! ;)

Try here: http://www.nvidia.com/drivers

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

30.82 is WHQL certified (Windows Hardware Quality Labs)

40.41 is newer but is also BETA as such unless you know what you are doing, you could experience problems using them.

So get the 30.82s, you can't go wrong with them.