What's new

Starfox 2 (SNES) Final Leaked to public

Stezo2k

S-2K
heh looks like the final version of starfox 2 has been leaked to the public. At the moment it doesnt work on ZSNES, but on the ZSNES message board, it seems that the ZSNES team are at work with it and it will be supported in the new ZSNES. Woo hoo! :cool:
And even better, the game hasnt been released and will never be (unless ported) so it should be legal to download etc if u dont own it cuz its abandonware.

Pictures of the game working in the private beta of zsnes are located here:

http://www.sportkompaktwoche.de/

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
ok here's what gets me: if it wasn't released, than how do they dump it? hack into nintendo's computes and jack the data then convert it to one rom? :bs: :hehe:

DarkKnight38

The original
What more than likely happened was an angered nintendo employee (from japan i bet) somehow got a hold of the game itself (by legal means or not so legal means) and gave it to somebody that dumped it into rom form. they don't typically keep things on servers, and if they were, they'd be in extremely tight security. If they hacked the server, you'd hear about it. This is my educated guess.
I haven't actually heard about this at all yet, and i doubt it's even true, for why would nintendo can a sequel to a hit game? And when games are canned, it's not usually when it's already complete

flow``

flow``
it is true. there were reviews of the game and nintendo said it was complete, but then got canned. i dont know, go figure.. it's nintendo

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
flow`` said:
it is true. there were reviews of the game and nintendo said it was complete, but then got canned. i dont know, go figure.. it's nintendo

they probably figured the game wouldnt sell very well, especially with the release of the n64 not that far away (well in jap). They probably used parts of the game for starfox 64 (like part the engine etc)

Stez

blizz

I suspect the game elements were taken and put into StarFox64, or Lylat Wars as it's called here ;)

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Wow I never thought they actually completed this game...I always though that beta released was the latest one before they canned it....Anyways, I'm looking forward to this :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
or the complete copies that they sent out to mags got leaked. Whatever it is, im real happy about this, i almost lost all hope for this game. :)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
i think the game got canned so that they could make the n64 version of star fox.. i if i remember correctly

DarkKnight38

The original
kinda like what sega did to sonic adventure, i guess... Nintendo always have kids in mind, and if a kids parents just bought starfox 2 for the kid, do you think that a few months later they'd by starfox 64? Nintendo probably though no, so they didn't release starfox 2. This is just based on my knowledge of how nintendo works. There's a bunch of crazy people over there at nintendo, and only they would can a finished game.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
under pressure, the parents will. what else explains the bedroom full of poke-stuff at the height of the poke-craze? but darkknight, u have the right idea. releasing sf2 for snes will just canabalize sf64's sales, therefore n64's well-being. Nintendo wont hurt the n64 while its still so young would it?

btw, does anybody else find 'DarkKnight' and his sig, specifically 'And who the hell stole my name?' a bit interesting? ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
also, if anybody gets their hands on this rare bit of 'software', can you tell me how big is it? i need to verify if i have the right one.

DarkKnight38

The original
I like to call myself the original DarkKnight. Am I? Hell if i know, but i signed up to ask a few questions regarding rice's plugins, and it said that the name DarkKnight was already taken. In all the emulation boards i've signed up as (emuworld, cherryroms, emulation galaxy, etc), my name was never taken. This board was the first, so i just decided to add that bit. It's not meant to be taken real seriously.

ANYWAYS, back to topic, parents seem to be getting more and more leanient these days. No way in hell would my mom buy me anything gaming related outside of christmas, never did, never will. Kids these days get everything they want, *grumble*. And back to the real topic, nevermind. I was about to ask where to get the rom, shame on me :blush:. Good thing i stopped myself. I'll check it out and see if i can find it.

chris026058

I'd like to see Sonic X-Treme, the Sega Saturn game that was never released(so Sega could start working on Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast), get leaked and dumped on the net to the public somehow. Seemed like a very fun game for the Saturn, one of my favorite systems(it could've been the savior to Sega Saturn).:)

DarkKnight38

The original
Well, what i think happened was that sega was going to release sonic adventure for the sega saturn. But it got delayed so damn much, they pushed it back to the sega dreamcast. I forgot the saturn name of the game, but sonic x-treme rings a bell...

BTW, anyone know the goodname (if there is one) for this starfox 2 game?

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah...it's ages ago that I saw pics of the beta version and never heard of it again...
So it's really complete? :)
Cool! :D ...SNES was the best console ever anyway :D

blizz

The saturn sonic game probably went the way of Shemue for the Saturn ;) but it couldn't have saved the Saturn (shame there wasn't a Panzer Dragoon game for the DC though)