What's new

? how does lle emulatores work?? compared to recompilers and interpreter and

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAH!! ill never stop laughing!! ask anyone here, do i sound like ghey ass lightknight? to answer your question, to find out how lle "emulatores" work, at least know what the hell you're talking about. roflmfao. :bunny:

Last edited:
OP
cold1

cold1

zelda master!
ha! than stop calling me that name. when i don't even know who heshe or it was!!!!!!!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
in short: he was a legend. he wrote a gamecube emulatore but never released it. sad really. i would quite enjoy playing smash bros. melee on my l33t pc. :D lol

Last edited:

Cyberman

cold1 said:
dyna-compile
can anyone tell? like compared to nemu and pj64...

Ummm Dynamic recompile.. WELL
this is how it works basically...
It keeps track of memory status of code (IE executed STUFF) and decompiles/recompiles it when it changes..
Dynamic recompilation is what PSX emulators use. IE when new code is loaded in it gets recompiled into Stubed X86 code and linked into the emulator. The PSX memory is shadowed by the code (wee). This is a simple explanation.. not a complete one.

FPSE dynamic recompilation used a series function calls (FPSE 0.8) that were stuffed into a buffer, this is a little bit faster than and interpreter which reads the code then calls the functions. The advantage with DREC is that you have less overhead. The disadvantage is it tends to be a LOT more complex.

Cyb
The terse brush overview man ;)

icepir8

cooliscool said:
in short: he was a legend. he wrote a gamecube emulatore but never released it. sad really. i would quite enjoy playing smash bros. melee on my l33t pc. :D lol
I can see this becoming a part of our language.
He is such a lightknight!
Don't be a lightknight.
No lightknight allowed on this board.

ROFLMAO

Cyberman

icepir8 said:
cooliscool said:
I can see this becoming a part of our language.
He is such a lightknight!
Don't be a lightknight.
No lightknight allowed on this board.

ROFLMAO

What the LK are you talking about? ;)

He was a dreamer unfortunately he thought he could take a newspaper and put it in a blender and that was word processing. My explanation of his methodologies. Granted he wasn't perfect I think he was just young ;)

OP
cold1

cold1

zelda master!
well cooliscool has away of calling all new guys here lightknight when ever they ask

some thing about emu codeing!!just check out the thread about aglide plugin that some new guy wanted to make. in plugins from the main page. because of him calling almost every one who ask a ? about plugins or how emus work.they realy made a fool out of the poor guy.

cyberman thanks for the infor. but i still don't get how nemu's lle emu works..

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64:

iq_132

Banned
Come on, Just because he posted a really really dumb question doesn't mean that you need to get nasty.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: well cooliscool has away of calling all new guys here lightknight when ever they ask

cold1 said:
some thing about emu codeing!!just check out the thread about aglide plugin that some new guy wanted to make. in plugins from the main page. because of him calling almost every one who ask a ? about plugins or how emus work.they realy made a fool out of the poor guy.

cyberman thanks for the infor. but i still don't get how nemu's lle emu works..

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64:

I don't think it was that wise of you to drop out of the 1st grade. :innocent: I dont say that to all emu people who ask questions about emulator coding (notice "coding" not "codeing") just the ones who sound really inexperienced and expect to have a fully workng EMULATOR in 30 minutes. LoL! :thumbsup:

Last edited: