What's new

Quick Save Problem

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, I havent played NES in forever and I decided to go back and goof off a bit with the old Mega Man games. Anyway, the quicksave/quickload hotkeys dont seem to be working correctly. Any ideas?

I'm on WinXP Pro btw, could this be why?

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
It seems it only does this in fullscreen mode, but the keys totally screw up.

Last edited:
OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, there is definately some hotkey problems cause it happens when I try to leave Fullsreen too.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Weird, I'll have to check it out, but the hotkeys seemed okay for me last time I checked, I run Windows 2000 Pro with SP3. However I can't say I've used them recently in Full Screen, or played for a few hours to test the stability, for either of these I don't see why a problem would occur, however you guys seem to be having problems, which I am not particularly happy about..

btw Nick, could you give me a list of mappers that you feel are important for some games, i might try to add a few to the next release if they are easy enough and i can get my hands on the images for them (which shouldnt be hard, got a friend :) ) .. again just wondering, no big deal

Last edited:
OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
More specific on the problem, when I hit Alt+Enter to leave Full Screen, it will pop to window and then go back to full screen almost instantly.

The other problem, If I hit F5 then hit Esc the F7 key might re-assign itself to the Esc key so that if I hit Esc to leave full screen again, it will restore the last save game. Its just really wierd.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Just tried out the latest version I have on my hard disk, luckily it seems isolated to full screen only (windowed has all those fancy effects etc so i used it more)

that being said, i believe the new version is better ... but I will need to test this out a lot more, and also retest full screen entirely to make sure this problem is ok finally... so hang on and hopefully it will get better later guys

also the problem seems to be it delays key-strokes by 1 key, like say you want to hit F5, nothing happens, hit any other key on your keyboard and it will work...

Last edited:

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Ok, i dont know the noumbers of these mappers, but ill tell you the rom names, and you see what you can do.

Othello HES Version
Rad Racer 2, Mach Rider (road is alittle Glitchy)
Mapper 182,64,90 (some Unl games have these)

One more thing.. When i go to load another rom while one is still playing (without closing emulation), it takes a little too long to go to the next rom. I dont know, but the older versions didnt do this.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Nick_kidid0 said:
Ok, i dont know the noumbers of these mappers, but ill tell you the rom names, and you see what you can do.

Othello HES Version
Rad Racer 2, Mach Rider (road is alittle Glitchy)
Mapper 182,64,90 (some Unl games have these)

One more thing.. When i go to load another rom while one is still playing (without closing emulation), it takes a little too long to go to the next rom. I dont know, but the older versions didnt do this.

in beta 3 the loading time was reduced i think, it was a threading issue, so hopefully that will be nicer .. I'll see if i can look at those mappers as well, it was never my favorite part of dev tho heh