What's new

PS2 Emulation

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I was wondering if there was any latest news on PS2 emulation!!! A few months ago loads of people were starting out and now there seems to be nothing! Do the users brows the forums? Can someone tell me what the current sstate of PS2 emulation is

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
well, pcsx2 is progressing and a couple of people are working on video plugins, they are reversing code so it aint easy for now but its progressing :)

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Cool good to see they are still at it - But wern't there some others such as PS2Emu and one more??? What is the status of these?

Stezo2k

S-2K
heh (btw im pretty sure ps2 emulation would require a very high system spec, somthing like 2Ghz, with optimisations) And we'll be waiting a long time for a decent Ps2 emulator (say about a year or 2)

Stez

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Thats true - Hell - It may never happen but N64 emulation hasn't got a huge amount of time left. I would say 2 years so it is good people are trying to go next gen!!!

mesman00

What's that...?
n64 emulation isn't gonna die, its just gonna become a classic genre, like the nes, and i don't think we will be seeing a ps2 emu playin a commericial title in a year, but thats just mho