What's new

Spyro 3 on VGS

chris026058

I cant seem to get Spyro 3 to work on VGS. The screen just says "game loading" after I insert the disc, and doesnt ever load the game. BTW, Im using VGS 1.41 for Windows. Does this mean its incompatible with VGS or did I just do something wrong? If it is incompatible, is there a patch or fix that will make it work? Also, does anybody know of a good VGS game compatibilty site, besides ngemu's. Cause theirs is almost never up to date. Thanks!:D

Last edited:
OP
C

chris026058

Yeah, I do have that backup patch on VGS. Maybe its the version Im using, which is PAL. Would that have anything to do with it? What version are you using, CRi{]v[}iNaL? Thanks for the response, BTW!:)

CRi{]v[}iNaL

its NTSC. how did u back up the cd? simply copying doesnt work. see, it should be done using cdrwin, clone cd or nero. plus, that way the fmv's dont get messed up.

OP
C

chris026058

I used CloneCD to make a perfect 1:1 copy, so it should work. And allnatural, what kind of copy protection is it? Cause I've used daemon tools which emulates copy protection and I've also used the patch for backups from aldostools.com. Using those I've been able to play all my other PSX games on VGS. The weird thing is I can play Spyro 3 on ePSXe. Only problem is ePSXe isnt my emulator of choice, because it doesnt emulate the PSX as perfectly as VGS. Lastly, what site did you go to, allnatural, to find out that Spyro 3 PAL had copy protection? So, any responses to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks! BTW,CRi{]v[}iNaL, thanks for the ngemu compat. site, but I rarely ever use theirs since its almost never up to date, especially with the games I use. There used to be this very good VGS compat. site, but I cant remember the URL, plus I think it went down a long time ago. Again, thanks for any info!:D

Last edited:
OP
C

chris026058

Hey, just in case anybody cares, I found a very good VGS compat. site. Only problem is, its in Spanish. But its still very easy to makeout. "Ok" means the games working perfectly or with very minor problems, "No funciona" means the game does nothing, and "Parcial" means the games working but with somewhat noticeable problems. There are also comments about some of the games in the right column, if you can read Spanish. Also, these games were tested with VGS 1.41 using Windows. Heres the site->(h**p://www.emudek.org/psx/vgs_compat.html). I think its much better than ngemus and its updated frequently. The site(h**p://www.emudek.org/), also has compat. listings for other emus such as ePSXe and even some N64 emus.:D

Last edited:
OP
C

chris026058

OMG! There is no way to get a backup PAL version of Spyro 3 working on VGS? Theres nothing like daemon tools to emulate that kind of protection for the game? Why do you think that it works on ePSXe(it does, I tested it), but not VGS? ???

Also, I used CloneCD which is supposed to make a PERFECT 1:1 copy of anything, copy protected or not. Do you think using ClonyXXL would make it work(ClonyXXL is an addon program to CloneCD which is supposed to bypass copy protection-havent tested it though)?

BTW, thanks for the quick reply, allnatural! :)

Last edited:

Allnatural

First, the game partially works in ePSXe. Spyro will crash as you enter the first warp portal.

And second, making a perfect 1:1 copy means you are copying the copy protection as well. Soooo, an exact copy would contain all the protections the original had.

Last edited:
OP
C

chris026058

Hey you guys, I must of nicked my cd cause I copied it from my friend again, and now it works perfectly on vgs. So it was just the cd that got scratched. Didnt have anything to do with copy protection from vgs I guess. Next time I'll check to if its scratched first, before going through all this. Thanks a bunch for the info, though, guys. YAH! I finally get to play it! Right when I have to go back to school.;) :D