What's new

I am having a problem and need help!

crystldrgn

:yin-yang: Ok here goes.
I recently downloaded the beta version of Jnes which was version 0.52 beta version 2. I am getting the following problem:
I can start Jnes, whether it be just by double-clicking the program itself or by double-clicking the rom I want to load and nothing appears on my screen. I can hear the music from the ROM playing if I loaded it that way, and it also shows up in my taskbar. It is if it is running in the background or something. I have tried minimizing and maximizing it, but nothing has seemed to work. This started after I ran it one time with an earlier version. I downloaded the new version thinking that it might fix the problem, but it didn't. Here is what I am running on my system:
Pentium 1.6 Ghz
512 DDR Ram
NVidia Riva TNT2 Video Card
Soundmax sound Card
Windows XP Home Edition
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------How can I fix this problem that I am having?

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Maybe its running off the screen?, it happened to me, then i had to use the MOVE command :p

When i didnt see picture, it was cause i didnt have Direct X

OP
C

crystldrgn

It still ain't working!!!

The move command didn't work either. Jabo or someone, please help. I really want to play my NES Roms with Jnes. Someone, anyone help me.....

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hrm, I can't really say, maybe use Print Screen and take a picture of what is going on? than attach that jpeg to the forum?

OP
C

crystldrgn

this may sound stupid

:bunny:
Ok, this may sound odd. How do I do the print screen command on my desktop, so that it will capture the taskbar. That is the only way I know to really address the problem I am having. I have minimized and maximized the program but it still will not pop up. I have tried the MOVE command but there is nothing there for me to see to move except for the box in the taskbar. It is almost like the program IS running but I am not getting the screen for some reason or another. I have been able to launch Jnes from a rom itself, and would still get no screen, and I would hear the music of the game that I launched. If this may help or if you still need more info let me know. I will try to explain it as best as possible.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
press the print screen key on your keyboard then paste onto paint or whatever art program you use and save it.

YAWalter

I have the same problem. It's just in the taskbar. I've restarted my computer (maybe a memory f-up like Windows is prone to) to no avail. I tried reloading the program (from the website, to no avail. HELP!! I NEED MY GAMEZ!!

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I was kind of hoping for some kind of screen shot, but you guys could also try clearing the registry settings for Jnes

they are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ JaboSoft \ Jnes

maybe that would help?