What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3 (unreleased)

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Here are a few pics of the new glNintendo64() I plan on releasing pretty soon. I've added, changed, and fixed tons of stuff for this version, so lots of games are starting to look real nice.

Anyway, here come the shots:

zorbid

/me is reloading the page every 20 sec, eagerly waiting for the next pic.

*Edit* Well it looks like it's over for now. These pics look real great. I like the fog.:)

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Amazing, is it still just working for Nvidia cards? I wish Nvidia can also release its NV only spec for DirectX like what they have done for OpenGL, so we can easily program the register combiner for Nvidia cards.

Btw, 1080 sky should not be white.

Reznor007

Rice said:
Amazing, is it still just working for Nvidia cards? I wish Nvidia can also release its NV only spec for DirectX like what they have done for OpenGL, so we can easily program the register combiner for Nvidia cards.

Btw, 1080 sky should not be white.

DX8/9 pixel shader does what you ask. Write a custom combiner to do anything.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Yes, I've added support for non-GeForce cards (see my earlier thread here), as long as the card supports EXT_texture_env_combine and ARB_multitexture (includes nVidia cards back to TNT, and ATI cards back to Rage 128, I think). It works well with games that don't use overly complex combine modes, but with those that do (like Zelda), it doesn't look as good as on a GeForce. I'll try to post some shots of EXT_texture_env_combine mode tomorrow so you can see what it's like for yourself.

I'm not doing pixel shaders right now because I only have a GeForce 1, but when (if) I do get a card that supports pixel shaders I'll definately add a mode for it.

BTW, does anyone know how many texture environments the Radeon supports? I might be able to improve it by using more than 2 texture environments.

Do I have plans for a Linux port? Not at the moment, but I'm planning on opening the source soon (maybe even next release), so someone else can do it if they feel like it.

I'll look into the 1080 sky, I still have several unimplemented combine modes in that one, so it might just be that. Thanks for pointing that out Rice.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Reznor007 said:
DX8/9 pixel shader does what you ask. Write a custom combiner to do anything.

Well, yes, you are right. But I don't have Geforce3/4 Ti card, and I don't know how many people have it.