What's new

Chrono Cross - PSX Shots

CRi{]v[}iNaL

man i dont have time anymore for rpg's cuz there to long but i actually made time for chrono cross and i wasnt disappointed

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
hehe. ive got this game and i am very close to disc 2, using epsxe. i stopped playing psx games for a while, but after your shots i am motivated to start again :)

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Is psx-emulation really that far? O_O
I tried it some time ago...with Tekken 2, Resident Evil 1 & 2 and Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 ...but none of them worked well :(

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Engeljaeger said:
Is psx-emulation really that far? O_O
I tried it some time ago...with Tekken 2, Resident Evil 1 & 2 and Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 ...but none of them worked well :(

In a word.. YES!!! All those games now run perfect to near perfect on EPSXE.. Currently the best psx emu.. You can find more info at:

www.epsxe.com
www.ngemu.com
www.psxfanatics.com

Visite the ngemu boards or psxfanatics boards for help configuring.. And you can check out tons of screenshots of other emulated psx games in the screenshots sections of both boards..

Check the psx emu shots here:

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=41

Last edited:

Allnatural

Ahh Chrono Cross. Chrono Trigger was the superior game IMO, but this one was still a lot of fun to play. Love that battle system. :)

Allnatural

Yes, the stories are intertwined. Chrono Cross stands on its own fairly well, but playing Chrono Trigger first helps one to understand CC's story better.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
CRi{]v[}iNaL said:
man i dont have time anymore for rpg's cuz there to long but i actually made time for chrono cross and i wasnt disappointed

Here's something I've been wondering about: In that screenshot (the very first one), you can see the green outline sorta thing is not smoothed. I've played FF7 and FF8 in ePSXe, and none of their effects like that are smoother, either. But, that only happens on Pete's plugins. With my Banshee card, with Lewpy's plugin, it gets smoothed just fine.

Last edited:

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Another question:
Is CC as good as CT??
I should try to get it, but none of my friends has it, and I'm not going to buy the game until I'm sure that it is really good.

OP
C

CRi{]v[}iNaL

well, gamespot gave it a perfect 10 and IGN gave it a 9.8. pretty good reviews. its about twice as long as zelda OoT, so ur looking at 40 - 60 hours depending how good you are(took me about 80 hours though)