What's new

Suggestions Thread

Eddy

I Run This
Just wanna see people's suggestions and all, i have some, and they are all pretty simple.

GUI:

1. Scrollbar remains in position you last put it in, when you load a rom, and go back out, the rom browser scrollbar stays up on top.

2. CTY and SIZE be renamed : Country, and Size :) I know its too god damn stupid to pay attention to, but PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :)

3.Countries are spelled out, rather than abbre.

4.ROM entries be sorted by given rom name, and alternate would be the internal name, meaning if there is no given, it would go refer to the internal. Because its kind of bad when you see gamebooster 64 on the top, and airborder at the bottom.

5.Netplay has its own menu.

6.Quick access buttons to most menu entries

7. A nice button in user options for auto fullscreen when rom is loaded

PLEEEASE Rice and Schibo, i would do it, but they are too easy to do, and if i do it on the source for 0.6.3, then itll be useless, i know they are silly, but please consider them. Either way, thanks for at least reading it ;-) well that was it

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hey Eddy,

Thanks for the suggestions. I like them all, only I don't think netplay should be too prominently displayed until it's more fun on something other than LAN, if this ever becomes a reality

crhylove

Banned
actually...

i myself play 1964 on a LAN, so a better menu would be cool...

i would like a vi/sec or fps in fullscreen mode (besides the flickering gray bar that is usually unreadable). Also, better timing control/comparison with the system clock or something. i know... tall orders, but they would be cool...

and of course SPEED. it's fast now, but i bet it could be faster....

:D

last but not least, although not a 1964 specific problem. AN OPEN SOURCE gfx plugin. the progress of 1964, and all open source projects is inevitable, but there isn't a gfx plugin open yet, is there?

rhy

schibo

Emulator Developer
Nice suggestions,
NooTe's D3D plugin had on-screen fps.

Between daedalus and TRWin-GL code available, and the open spec, the tools are already available to make a plugin.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
1964 has its own plugin, its the OpenGL plugin. I liked it, is it still going to be worked on? My suggestions are:

1. Just a tad faster (THPS1 and 2 are slow) even on CF=6
2. Jabo and Zilmar Sound Plugin support.
3. Save/Load states load faster (they load slow for some reason)
4. A little bit more stability (less errors and crashing)
5. 99.9% compatibility (they're pretty close to that) ;)

Otherwise 1964 is perfect.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
Well glad to hear that schibo, thought they where gonna be too stupid to pay attention to, schibo why not make the opengl 1964 plugin open source? we need a gfx plugin besides Jabo's. Its real good, but alternatives would be good also, jabo is almost quitting.

1. noote 3d (dont know if its already out)
2. daedalus gfx
3. tr64
4. 1964 (open source would be good -
Those are the only ones that might be avaiable in the near future, i ever released. So why not open source the 1964 video plugin schibo? it would be cool, and speed up development.

and my last gui suggestion is: the divisions stay the same once modified. Because they return to default. Dont mean to be annoying, just saying a few bugs/fixes that would be cool.

schibo

Emulator Developer
This likely won't happen because 99% of the OpenGL plugin is a windows port of Gerrit's sixtyforce graphics code (Mac N64 project), and he asked us not to open-source it. The plugin will probably be continued to be developed on, if not by us, then someone.

-schibo

Last edited:
OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
ok makes sense, but people, if you want to make a gfx plugin (very needed) please just start with the daedalus one, its a real good foundation, it will improve when strmnNrmn continues developing it.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
no, i think 1964 is a good title. BTW Rice did you ever receive that attachment i sent you ? to your address?

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
and come on people, are these the ONLY suggestions you can come up with ?

crhylove

Banned
integrated rom browser.

How about an integrated P2P rom browser for all emutalk members? Now THAT would be a killer app. :devil:

crhylove

crhylove

Banned
p2p

p2p is the new super hip catch phrase for person 2 person (or sometimes "peer to peer". gnucleus is an open source gnutella client, with a modified version of gnucleus (say one that integrates a goodn plugin), you could make a quick online rombrowser that finds other emutalk members rom directories, enabling online file sharing among 1964 users. of course, we could just do it seperately by all using gnucleus instead of morpheus/kazaa/etc., but this wouldn't be near as slick as an "in app" p2p plugin utilizing a goodn plugin.

an emulator emulating 2 other apps to provide added functionality.... that'd be way crazy.

just a wild thought that'd probably be fun/challenging to implement... probably need 2 be like a seperate plugin, just like the gfx/audio/input plugins are seperate...

the P2P plugin.... with instant goodn usage.
:devil:

rhy

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
If you are willing, i dont mind you implement it, but something as silly as a p2p engine for a n64 emulator isnt that important, if you want, you add it, but otherwise, i dont think rice and schibo will consider this. But hey give it a shot.