What's new

Patch?

Hande

Hello people, i have a Q for all of you. A while back i was on a 450 Mhz crappy pc using windows 95 and i used the horrid NESticle for my emulation needs i was so stupid then now i am using JNes but my problem is this: My favorite game of all time Final Fantasy 3j is faulty! all of them are! it turns out that the only reason i was able to beat the game was because i used a patch to go over the semi translated version i was able to do that with ease on NESticle, but how in the world to i use a patch on JNes??? people please help me my favorite game is at stake! and i know about Multiple Demiforces translated version but its faulty you cant get past the Water Caver because the background is messed up so you cant leave therefore rendering the rest of the game impossible to get to (sigh) please help me people i beg of you, also if it turns out i cant use a patch for the JNes can someone reccomend an emulator that does?

RingoBell

Patched ROMs

You should be able to use an IPS patching utility to fix the game with the patch you have. If that doesn't work, then use JNES to get to the part where you say it stops working, save the game, use the other emulator to get past that point, then save again and go back to JNES.

I can't confirm or deny this, as I don't have FF3j, but it should work.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Yeah, also Jnes supports Automatic IPS applying, read the documentation, you might find that feature useful instead of applying it to the ROM itself

Last edited: