What's new

Graphics and audio plugins

luckys

Is there going to be a new graphics plugin for the new apollo
or just the new and great [as azi have told] sound plugin
that wont be for the other emus

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The graphics plugin may not make it in the next Apollo. The next Apollo will be concentrating on DynaRec. Once the DynaRec is running, you will see more frequent updates (and the release of the Gfx DLL).

Saleen351

So I finally get to see the person behind the work of Azimers Audio Plugin. :D Untill now I didn't know Azimer was the person behind the work of Apollo.

If you don't mind me adding some suggestions and comments here.Now remember..they are only "Suggestions".No one said you had to go through with it . :devil:

First off,for Apollo,I think it is a good emulator.Maybe not as good as a couple of others.But it is still in development.And as every programming goes..it has bugs but is a work in progress.I havn't really tried using it that much as I couldn't get anything running on it too well lately or it is a bit unstable.But no one can complain.Azimer and possibly a few helpers have put all sorts of work into this code.And as they dont charge for using it that's also an added bonus.They put their time into this so one should always appreciate even the slightest code he has to offer.

Now for the audio plugin.The sound quality is quite good compared to that of many other audio plugins available.Allthough I still get all sorts of breaks in the audio when graphics and animation start getting a little heavy.If I turn the buffer up to max it causes the audio to be less choppy but then the breakturns into ocassional mutes even though the graphics don't stop moving.A suggestion.Why not give the ability to increase the buffer size more than what is presently available?Or have an option to decrease audio sample rate so it has less code to process.Then I had been thinking that doing such a thing could actually cause more work instead of less as it would have to work to re-sample it.Perhaps also there may be some sort of conflict between the Audio and video plugins.

Anyway,congrats on all your hard work! (And he's probably thinking "Yeah man,I hear that all the time from people") :D

Saleen351

HEY! BTW..

Isn't that Lillymon from Zophars Domain?One of the sites Assistants,By the way,i've noticed i havn't seen any updates on there for a few days.Is everyone alive over there? :p

Azimer

Emulator Developer
luckys, I have the answer for you. Please refer to the other threads in this forum.