What's new

Sidewinder Gamepad Mapping Problems

Melissa

Please Help!
I can't seem to setup my Sidewinder 1.0 Gamepad in Nemu64. The problem is in mapping the buttons.
I go to "A" on the left and select Sidewinder Gamepad . . . button 2, and so on, and when I come back to the top of the list, e.g. "A," the selection on the right reads "none." Ditto if I try to map 1 button at a time and hit okay.
Before you ask, yes, it's plugged in. It works in Nesticle and Snes9x.
I'm running Windows XP on a Pentium 4; GForce2, 32MB; 512MB system RAM.

Thanks

Tesla-Guy

Are you sure you haven't pressed the mode button while setting the keys? I can't think of any other cause, sorry, my logitech gamepads and joystics are cool with the plugin.

OP
M

Melissa

I'm sorry for being such a newbie, but . . .
What and where is the mode button, please?
I have to confess, I don't use a pad much at all. (I'm sure you can tell.)
Thanks again.

Method_Man

Hadoken
I've been having trouble using my Eliminator Aftershock with Nemu too. My suggestion is that you try 1964 with Nrage's input plugin.

OP
M

Melissa

AHA!

Plugin? What plugin?
Both replies mentioned plugins.
Where do I get them and when I install them, do they automatically install to the correct emulator.

Thanks

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
oh and NEMU doesn't make use of plugins, other emulators do however so you wont find a plugin for nemu. if you get 1964 there are MANY optinions for plugins such as graphics and input and audio. read the read me file and post your system specs for more help.

OP
M

Melissa

Yep, a female.
Am I one of a few?

Thanks for the info on 1964.
Should I post on their board for help to find out what to download with the emulator?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you could just use Project64 with the default plugins.. it would probably do what you want

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Melissa said:
Yep, a female.
Am I one of a few?

:( :( :( :( :( Your name is the same one as my Ex-girlfriend:( :( :( :( :(
*Anchel starts crying...........................*

WHOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, it's off topic, go on with it

OP
M

Melissa

Hello, Lillymon, other female on the board.

Sorry, Anchel. Don't mean to bring back bad memories.

Hey, Smiff, I tried project 64 and can go U-D-L-R, but not in between. Mario Kart was a real riot! (okay, everyone, have a good laff at my choice of game)

Any help?

Thanks

Tesla-Guy

The mode button is on the gamepad, microsoft says it switches to another mode so you can make buttons have 2 uses, eg: a with mode button light on = Jump; a with mode button light off = punch. When you press the mode button the light turns on/off. But since there are so many kinds of sidewinders and i doubt yours is the original Sidewinder Gamepad since you don't know that the mode button exists :p but another newer probably model which I don't think it has it. If you had pressed it you wouldn't have been able to set other keys, I have a sidewinder gamepad on my other pc but i'm bored to copy nemu to it and check. So instead, use 1964 or Project 64 since you can choose from a variety of video/sound/input plugins and if 1 doesn't suit you, you use another.